Canceling

Snæbjörn1
Level 1
Hvolsvöllur, Iceland

Canceling

Hello,

unfortunately, I have to close my guesthouse for the next half year due to poor booking status. I have no income and unfortunately had to get a job or else I would go bankrupt. I can't work in two places at the same time sorry. I would happy if I can cancel penalty free because I am determined to restart when the situation due to covid 19 returns to normal.

Sincerely

Snæbjörn

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Snæbjörn1 You should be able to cancel penalty free as long as you do so before May 15. Its all explained on the covid 19 page on Airbnb.com

Snæbjörn1
Level 1
Hvolsvöllur, Iceland

Hello again, I was trying to cancel but get this error(You have reached your Airbnb access quota. Please contact Airbnb support if you continue to receive this error) and could not continue to cancel.

I would be thankful for some help!

Snæbjörn

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Snæbjörn1 

@we are a community of Airbnb users (mainly hosts) and do not have access to your account. 
Please contact Airbnb directly regarding this matter, if they fall out of the EC dates, then you can always look into arranging a mutual cancellation with your guests. Ask them to initiate the cancellation process and you can send them the full refund, normally Airbnb will also refund their service fee under this situation. 
Hope this helps and stay safe! 
Yadira 🙂