Cancellation while instant book in on

Sophie1949
Level 1
Tbilisi, Georgia

Cancellation while instant book in on

Hello, Airbnb hosts!

I'm a Superhost with Instant Book switched on for all my listings.

In Instant Book laws and regulations it reads: 

"Guests who meet all your requirements can book instantly. Others will need to send a reservation request. You can cancel 100% penalty-free if you’re ever uncomfortable with a reservation".

My question to the community is: does 100% penalty-free cancellation apply to ALL bookings 1) guests who meet all my requirements + 2) others who sent me a request? Or it applies only to one of them?  

Please kindly share your experience.

Thanks,

Sophie 

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Only to those on IB, as with requests you are able to get the guests before the book @Sophie1949 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Sophie1949 ignoring the typing errors @Helen3 is correct. Free cancellation is only applicable to Instant bookings as you can vet the booking requests before you accept or reject them. Be warned though - I think you only get 3 Instant book cancellations per year.

@Mike-And-Jane0 @Sophie1949 

“You’ll be able to cancel Instant Book reservations online penalty-free 3 times in one year for these reasons—after that, you’ll have to contact us to make the cancellation without penalty. Otherwise, host cancellation penalties will apply.”

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/2022/can-a-host-cancel-a-reservation-without-adverse-consequences

Sophie1949
Level 1
Tbilisi, Georgia

Thanks guys! Now it’s clear to me.