Cancelled Stay still shows on my calendar

Jack2044
Level 2
Marshfield, MA

Cancelled Stay still shows on my calendar

A visit was cancelled by me (The Host) from July 7-11and I want to remove cancelled visitor from my calendar. How do I do that?

8 Replies 8
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Jack2044  One of the consequences for a host cancelling is the dates being blocked. You cannot undo that.

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/990/host-penalties-for-cancelling-reservations

Thank You v very, very much. This is NOT the answer. How can I make these important summer Weeknd dates available?Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 10.11.15 AM.png

@Jack2044 You can’t, I’m afraid. Did you read the link I provided up above?

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Like @Colleen253 says, @Jack2044 - your 'punishment' for cancellation is being unable to host other guests on these dates, at least via Airbnb.

Jack2044
Level 2
Marshfield, MA

Thx, really, really appreciate the quick reply/info. I am not happy with Airbnb about this.

@Jack2044  Well, as a host, it is essential that you inform yourself of Airbnb policies, which make it quite clear what the penalties for hosts cancelling are. It isn't Airbnb's fault that you didn't bother to do that.

But you aren't alone in not being happy about Airbnb doling out such harsh penalties for a host cancelling, if the reason for the cancellation is reasonable, like guests wanting to have the host make some special exception to the house rules for them.

Why did you cancel the guests? 

Jack2044
Level 2
Marshfield, MA

Thank You

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Jack2044 

Maybe, in the future, if there are valid reasons for the host to cancel. For example, a medical concern, the Airbnb was severely trashed by the previous guest.  Contact Airbnb and ask for help, advice and a neutral cancellation.