Choose another place to stay message

Kyle---Syd0
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

Choose another place to stay message

Hi - 

I have a guest trying to book out place and she just received a message stating; 

Choose another place to stay.

AirBnb prevents reservations for entire homes when a pattern of factors (like location or reservation times) suggest  the booking may be unsafe.

This is not related to the coronavirus. Please try a private room or hotel instead.

Why is she getting this message? I haven’t seen any other questions about it. We’re in a great location and have had multiple bookings and 5 star reviews? Any info would help!

21 Replies 21

I am 21 and tried booking a townhouse. the owner was okay with it and sent me an invitation . Then this message popped up. I then had my father create an account using his information to try booking the same place and the SAME THING HAPPENED! This is so frustrating especially since this is my second time booking at 2 different states and I havent been able to book at all using airbnb.

Tessa139
Level 2
Cumming, GA

I got the same message trying to book a house for July 4 weekend. I am a first time user of airbnb, the listing is 1 hour 30 minutes from my house, and I'm 41, so this doesn't seem to be just age or negative review related. Very frustrating - I imagine even more so for owners who are losing $.

I am TRYING to give you money—why wouldn’t you take it?     Frustrating to say the least.

Your site will not accept a valid phone #

What kind of business refuses to take your money —valid card —valid phone #—3X over 25

tell me again why you refuse money

Think I’ll just forget it

@Charles1329  This is just a discussion forum for hosts and guests. That's who you're talking to when saying "you". This isn't Airbnb customer service. 

Call Airbnb to see if they can sort out why your phone number isn't being accepted.

Trying to get back to my reservation in el Paraiso Spain given my credit card details and driving licence details and awaiting confirmation 

Dana1258
Level 1
Monrovia, CA

The same thing just happened to me. I am 53 with my daughter and two dogs. Not someone who is under 25 and wanting to throw a party. The host wants to rent to us but Airbnb is blocking it. We have even tried under other family member names, still blocked. They told me I have to go and stay in a single room (with my daughter and 2 dogs) first and THEN i can book a whole house. I have been in 3 Air bnb's in a row the past few weeks as we sold our house and are looking for a rental.  I am obviously not having parties! All they say is thank you for my patience and sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.