Choosing not to have a guest back

Nick2057
Level 2
State College, PA

Choosing not to have a guest back

Is there any way as a host to flag an account in a way so that they can't automatically book with you again, and I don't mean by reporting them, I simply mean so that as a host I can have a say if I don't personally want someone to come back because of feeling disrespected?

8 Replies 8
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salut @Nick2057 ,

How do I report a message or block someone on Airbnb?

To report a message from someone or block any future communication from them:

1. Go to your Inbox and click the conversation with the person you want to block
  2. Click the flag icon next to the message to report a user
  3. You must select They're being offensive to block a user and follow the next few questions with the appropriate options
  4. Describe the reason for blocking
  5. Click Submit, then Block this person and OK

If you block someone, they won’t be able to send you messages, use Instant Book for your listings, send you a reservation request, or accept a reservation request from you.  

Best,  

Nick said he didn't want to report them. @Dale711

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

When you leave them a review I believe if it’s 3 star or less they won’t be able to use IB in the future so if they do try to rebook you can decline.

The easiest way though is to call Airbnb and ask them to block the guest from contacting you if you don’t want them to book again. @Nick2057 

@Helen3  @Sarah977  @Colleen253  @Dale711    Well what if I have already reviewed them? I basically don't want the people that just stayed to come back because they gave us an unfair review (which they may not anyway). They gave us one 4 and the rest all 5's amongst the categories, but then an overall rating of 3 because they heard a few thumps from our large dog.. which we have clearly listed in our airbnb that we own a large dog and sometimes he plays. Not to mention these thumps didn't occur after ~10:30pm when they were clearly still awake, nor did they occur before 9am in the morning so I am sorry but that is outside of our own listed quite hours. So basically I feel like they are being disrespectful of the deal they got by staying with us (we are one of the cheapest, best value airbnbs around the area and we know this because we have researched it a lot), and I would prefer if they didn't book with us again because I don't want to deal with another bad review for something that we didn't state up front on the listing... 

@Nick2057  In that case all you can do is block them, but the only way to do that is through reporting them. Airbnb doesn't make it easy! as Helen suggests you could call Airbnb instead I suppose, but that's typically a painfully difficult process, and no guarantee you'll get a CS who understands what you want to do or will even do it. If they were to try to book again, you can simply decline, or cancel if it's instant booked. You are allowed some leeway with cancelling penalty free with IB.

Re the potential for noise issue, I notice you don't have it prominently displayed so guests may not always be aware. Guests are notorious for not reading a listing thoroughly. Include it in 'things to note' and post a picture of your dog with a caption indicating 'potential for noise', because some people only look at photos. Get ahead of the issue.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As I’ve already suggested @Nick2057  give Airbnb a call and ask them

to block the guest from contacting you.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Nick2057  When you review the guest, select NO to "would you host X again"?

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

... and if you've reviewed within 2 days & they haven't done theirs yet, you can edit your review to select "NO, would not host again." @Nick2057