Claim Started After Dog Bite-How Long to Get Refund?

Claim Started After Dog Bite-How Long to Get Refund?

After an amazing run of bad luck, I was considering extending my stay at an Airbnb recently. My place is being renovated after a fire and due to be ready Feb 1. The day after I mentioned to my hosts about extending my stay their dog bit me for the 3rd time. The day before she acted odd and I asked the hosts if she was a herding breed. Now I know she was nipping at me & I’m bruised up from the obvious attack. 

My question is how long does the process take. Host refunded one night but I want a full refund. I didnt want to complain while still staying there. I’m divorcing an abuser & broke cos he cut my off financially. I’m living with fibromyalgia & I’m disabled. Sleeping in my minivan won’t be an option once it snows. All shelters are full & I’m solo and can take care of myself. I work for myself too and can’t work from my vehicle. 

The good news is I signed the divorce petition yesterday & it contains an order for my husband to release funds. He’s Swiss so it’s hidden. We own two homes and a duplex-so there’s money. I just want my refund ASAP if I’m eligible so I can get into another place. 

1 Reply 1

@Erin5648 Congratulations on your successful divorce. I can't tell from your post what kind of a refund you're pursuing here. If you decided that you no longer want to stay with this host, and just want to cancel the remainder of the reservation, you can send your host a Booking Change request and ask that the unused booked nights be refunded. That would of course be conditional upon you vacating the home.

If you're looking to make a claim for medical expenses due to the dog bite, you'd have to go through the Host Protection procedure (now it might be rebranded as "Air Cover") since that's a liability insurance issue.

Presumably you're not expecting nights you've already stayed to be retroactively refunded, because that would be ridiculous.