Co-hosting percentage

Georgia130
Level 2
Detroit, MI

Co-hosting percentage

Hi everyone, 

I'm looking for some advise on co-hosting income. I've been hosting for 5 years now and someone recently approached me about being a co-host for their new property. He is house flipper with no Airbnb experience and bought a house in order to set up an Airbnb. He basically wants me to do most tasks associated with managing the listing: setting it up, advising on furniture and home goods, communicating with guests, managing calendar, etc. The only tasks which I definitely wont do is putting together furniture, maintenance on broken things, and house keeping. I may be the one organizing the house keepers, but I'm not entirely sure yet.

The house is small 3 bedroom bungalow and I think it'll rent for about $150 a night. What is a fair percentage to ask for? He basically told me 20% would be too much, that that much would be like handing over the keys and not doing anything on his end. 

Thanks in advance! 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Georgia130 

I'm a co-host and charge 20%. This includes me identifying and  managing the cleaners.

I would suggest having estimated the amount of work involved you can't agree a rate that works for you both that he finds someone else to work with.

I would suggest a one off cost to set up the listing ie create the listing, take photography, advise on property set up up and then an ongoing cost for managing the listing.

You would need a contract outlining terms for working together and a clear list of services offered and associated costs.

@Georgia130 

Thank you, this is helpful!