Compare VRBO review system to Airbnb

Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

Compare VRBO review system to Airbnb

Earlier this  2020 year I signed onto VRBO platform and synced my calendars .  From the start

I noticed the stark differences of VRBO's review system and Airbnb's.  The VRBO rating questions

were simple and straight forward.  It did not allow for any sort of guest manipulation or abuse. And 100% of my

VRBO guests submitted their reviews and gave me top rating 100%. A simple system. Adult and business like

questionnaire which I believe might also be modeled on the international system.  And I was happy to give all 

my guests a top review because they were all just perfect.

Hello Airbnb, will you please consider adopting the VRBO rating review system.  Please !  You are loosing guests

with your annoying and pestering system which only rewards bad guests intent upon hurting the host.  And hosts

like me will not Fear the guest review as we do now.  And that fear destroys all the joy we get from Hosting and

participating in this business which we have invested in and enjoy.

The greatest gift you could give to us hosts to show your appreciation would be this adoption of a new review system

which models on the VRBO system  and its success.

I am confident you will notice a great spike in revenue and host sign-ups and guest user boost as well.  Just in time for Christmas.

Susan
19 Replies 19
Anna9170
Level 10
Lloret de Mar, Spain

@Anonymous  My question was why even the cleaning fees for the apartments are being paid by some hosts outside the airbnb platform, although this is against the policy of the site.
@Ute42  explained that there do seem to be other arrangements with a large pool of real estate agencies. Because many properties have a rating of about 3* and no one removes or blocks them, and independent private hosts (the original segment) drink medicine from the heart when the guest rated 4*.😆

@Anna9170i wouldn't be shocked if this is what's happening, but as a guest I do try to avoid these property managers whenever I get a whiff of them in a listing.

I can't vouch for everyone who's paid too much because of their own choice of program - there's no US law to confirm the different things are bound to the said rules. 

@Anna9170 

This agency has thousands of listings in Germany and all over Europe

2020-08-21 Security payment in cash.jpg

@Ute42 @Anna9170 

I would like to apply Agency 'in resort' compulsory extra costs. Especially the 'In cash breakage deposit' since the Airbnb breakage deposit is non-existent and has a worthless existence .

By doing this, I think guests might find a better respect for their hosts and their property. I also think we could help Airbnb to resolve the pressure on their over burdened Customer Services help channels. What do you think?

Anna9170
Level 10
Lloret de Mar, Spain

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0  I think the deposit is necessary at all, if it is a cottage rental. But I would write about this CAPSLOK in the main text. So there is at least a small chance that the guest will read this info. 😆  But the extra charge for towels and bed linen, as well as a fee for cleaning not specified in the price of airbnb is a total wildness for me.