Covid 19 Cancellation Policy

John4645
Level 3
Hamrun, Malta

Covid 19 Cancellation Policy

I must decry the decision by Airbnb to unilaterally withdraw the one financial protection which Hosts have - the cancellation policy.
Travellers are protected by a number of protections - including Travel Insurance. If they do not carry travel insurance, they must accept the risks involved by that decision.
In the case of small hosts like me, when someone cancels we are only left with the hope that someone else will book to fill the gap.
Whether we gets guests or not, we must pay public liability insurance. We must pay Tourism Licences. We have to paint and decorate and replace linen.
When we do have guests, we must collect taxes, pay taxes, and pay for heating, lighting and cleaning. We must pay both Airbnb and our governments.
And Airbnb is constantly harassing us to lower our fees!
Small hosts like me represent the essence of how Airbnb was founded - small homes providing quality and homely experiences for travellers at rates cheaper than hotels. We are expected to give a first class service at bargain basement prices for tourists travelling on a tight budget. We are constantly under minute scrutiny and public criticism.
In my case I am a 72 year old pensioner whose UK pension has been decimated by Brexit. I have two rooms in my home which I rent at low prices compared to the quality of the service I give. I cannot exist without the income that I get from renting rooms. So to lose all of my scheduled income for months is a disaster!
I was not consulted on the decision by Airbnb to give full refunds to customers. I was not given the option of offering discount vouchers for future bookings to affected customers!
This week I hosted 2 Polish tourists whose flight home was cancelled by Polish government actions. Ryanair will refund them €45 each for the cancelled flight - but the Polish government will make them pay €180 each to be flown back to Poland - hundreds of miles from the airport from which they took off. No support! No discussion.
In my case, Airbnb has cancelled my cancellation protection leaving me penniless!
I would like to know what legal right you have to do this!
I would like to know what steps you will take to compensate and protect your small Hosts, so badly affected by your one-sided decision.

1 Reply 1
Katie645
Level 1
Charlton Kings, United Kingdom

Looks like it's the little guy or gal verses big business, what's new? I'm in the same boat. Airbnb, like other big bookings companys want to be seen to be doing the right thing for their guests.. Bookings.com has cancelled all my bookings too.. and we just have to swallow it because they have the power and we need them to find our guests. Good luck.. I think were all gonna need it!