Custom Tax Collection

Fallon0
Level 2
Charleston, SC

Custom Tax Collection

We are located in Charleston, SC. AirBNB collects State Occupancy Taxes from our guests, but not County Occupancy Taxes.  We added the 4% County Occupancy Tax to all of our listings under AirBNB's 'Custom Tax Collection' option. For months, we had no issues. Now, the this tax is mysteriously disappearing. We will add it back, then 3-4 days later, it's gone. We have reached out to AirBNB customer service about this multiple times with no help or answers. Are any other hosts experiencing this? If so, does anyone have a solution? 

CHCVR
1 Reply 1
Joffre11
Level 2
Staunton, VA

I am in SC. I have a different but related problem. I just posted a conversation on 1) Airbnb over collecting (8% and 9% instead of 7%) 2) inconsistently taxing (side-by-side units - one charged 8%, the other 9%.

My question for you is how do you file to pay that local tax? In my locality they want me to send a copy of the form used to pay the state, which I don't have, as Airbnb pays that.  The county says I can get it from Airbnb. Do you get a copy from Airbnb? How do you get a download of what the guest pays (instead of what I receive)?