Cyclone Gabrielle AND Earthquake in New Zealand

Answered!
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Cyclone Gabrielle AND Earthquake in New Zealand

For those who may not receive New Zealand news, or for that matter know where New Zealand is, we have been seriously impacted on in the North Island of New Zealand with the impacts of Cyclone Gabrielle.

People have been left homeless due to the destruction this has caused our small country in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

May I please request you to take time out to read and keep yourselves up to date with the losses of Human and animal life, reach out to those who you may have meet on your travels to New Zealand and check up on them.

Many people are without Electricity, Gas, Telecommunications, homeless and lost  and sadly it's likely to be that way for some time whilst we try get some normality back in our lives.

Note it is not only New Zealand that's been severely damaged but other islands nearby in the Pacific Region.

Top Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Helen427,

Thank you for sharing the ongoing situation in New Zealand and showing concern for your fellow Host Community. We understand that this is a challenging time for our Host community, as well as the affected communities across New Zealand.  Everyone who has been impacted is in our thoughts.

We appreciate your call for Airbnb to ensure that appropriate processes are in place during this time. Please be assured that we are closely monitoring the situation.

If anyone experiences any platform-related issues, we strongly encourage them to get in touch with our team so that we can look into these issues as quickly as possible. We remain committed to supporting our Host community through this difficult time.

Take care and thanks again for showing such empathy toward our Host Community!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

17 Replies 17
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Adele93 

Thanks so much for coming back to confirm - I'm glad that this has been sorted out for you.

Appreciate your patience while I was reaching out to the team!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

We have also had Cyclone Hale immediately prior to Cyclone Gabrielle to cope with @Jenny 

Incidentally they were hot on the heals of Rocket Launching with Satellites over our region.

The world is in one huge mess at the moment because of boys and their toys up in the stratosphere.

Thankfully our family and others we know were evacuated overnight and prior to rivers flooding.

Meanwhile, if you would please ensure my payments are re-processed as per my September 2022 request as it's still going around in unnecessary circles.

Thanks

https://www.airbnb.co.nz/resources/hosting-homes/a/what-happens-when-guests-cancel-or-change-a-booki....

For example, if a guest checks in to your place for a 20-day reservation, we’d send your payout 24 hours after their check-in time. But if they have to cancel and leave on day 10, and you have a flexible cancellation policy, you’d be entitled to payment for each night they stay, plus one additional night.

In this case, since you would’ve already received your full payout, your future payouts will be adjusted to cover the cost of the partial refund.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Helen427 @Adele93 

I've seen the pictures, and it looks terrible, I am so sorry 😞