DO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO TALK TO A SUPERVISOR?

Lan1
Level 10
El Cerrito, CA

DO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO TALK TO A SUPERVISOR?

Hello everyone:

I have been requesting to talk to an Airbnb support team supervisor as my current ambassador has been not very helpful; she contacts me ONLY LATE NIGHT, mostly from  after midnight. 

Today the supervisor finally got me back, sent me a message: Introduced herself, and stated the the decision was final and The case closed. I COULDN'T EVEN REPLY “THANK YOU” to her, BECAUSE THERE WAS NO PLACE TO REPLY!

Do I have the right to talk to a supervisor? 

**[Private conversation removed in line with Community Center Guidelines]

周蘭
2 Replies 2
Ambika3
Level 1
Mountain Dale, NY

@Airbnb the same thing happened to me this past week. I asked for a supervisor and one responded at 2 am saying again that my case was closed and I had won the matter. I knew that but had more feedback ans issue that I needed to discuss as was clear from my messages. Customer service has gotten terrible. I also had two reps contradict themselves which cost me hours of emailing back and forth. The policy regarding “dangerous vermin and insects” is a joke. A spider in the house in the country is enough to cancel a month long reservation!! 

@Lan1   Airbnb's customer service operation is outsourced to a third-party company and delegated to independent agents, so I'm not sure there's a middle-manager anywhere in this setup that you could escalate your ticket to. If you have unequivocal evidence that the guest was attempting review extortion, you could try opening a new ticket, but I don't think an appeal process or a management escalation is categorically considered a "right." 

You'll find that the Terms of Service don't really guarantee hosts much in the way of rights.