DO NOT BOOK a Turnkey Rental

Frank1594
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

DO NOT BOOK a Turnkey Rental

If you have ever heard of Turnkey Vacation Rentals, or see them through Airbnb, DO NOT book.  

My group booked a trip 3 months in advance for the week of July 4th and our rental was CANCELLED less than 48 hours before our check-in time with no prior notice other than a text I received while I was ON MY WAY driving to the vacation house for the trip. When I reached out for an explanation, I was not given one and the associate on the phone mentioned not being able to offer any assistance as this was final. Keep in mind, each member in our group of 6 was either flying in or traveling 7+ hours by car. There was no effort made to find us a house nearby, to reimburse flights, or offer any credit to another rental. They simply said good luck less than TWO DAYS before one of the busiest travel weeks of the year and refunded the money to my account.

The next day I was told that the owner made the decision to pull their house (with no explanation why). Meanwhile, after a little research, their house was posted on a different rental site. When I questioned Turnkey about this, they stumbled with an answer and offered no solution to rectify the situation that had now evolved other than the fact this was probably a mistake...

Luckily there is no shortage of rental homes, HOWEVER the day before the fourth of July weekend it is no surprise that the house we found to accommodate all of us (with our own beds) cost $6,000 more for the week. Again, there was no effort from Turnkey to provide a remotely positive experience at that moment or in the future.

Thankfully the trip was a success and my group really made the most out of it. Bottom line. DO NOT use Turnkey or any company associated with it as this was the worst travel experience (logistically speaking) of my life.

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Frank1594 sadly many have experienced poor service from this company. I guess Aircover for guests is as worthless as Aircover for hosts can be.