Day 2 - My favourite light up events

Shinya0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Osaka, Japan

Day 2 - My favourite light up events

Hello everyone,

I’m Shinya and hosting in Osaka, Japan!

I also served on the 2021,2022 Host Advisory Board with CC stars such as @Till-and-Jutta0, @Antonella78 ,@Claudia331 and other excellent global members. I have been hosting since 2015.

My hosting journey is a series of discoveries and my life has been enriched by hosting.

In 2017, I founded the Osaka Home Sharing Club and still exchange information,tips and have monthly events with my fellow hosts.

Today, to celebrate the Month of Celebration, I'd like to share some of my favorite light up events that I always recommend to my guests.

• The first one is an art exhibition that takes up an entire outdoor botanical garden in a park in Osaka.🔵🟡🟢🔴🟣
  • This is held only at night and uses a lot of installation art and projection mapping.
  • It’s very colorful and makes you feel as if you have entered a different world.
  • The space is a fusion of forests, lakes, and illusionary lights, using nature as it is.
  • I love being able to immerse myself in the world of light art and even touch the lights.

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 09.14.38.png

• The second is the wonderful illumination of the autumn leaves, which can only be seen at this time of year. 🍁
    Toward the beginning of winter, in Japan there are many places where you can enjoy the autumn colors of the leaves as the trees and plants turn bright red.
    Among them, I would like to introduce the illumination of a Japanese garden located 15 minutes from my house.
    The lights are on for only 6 days a year, making it a very rare spot.
    The view of the autumn leaves illuminated in gradations of red and orange and reflected in the water is truly beautiful.
    And here you can even enjoy Japanese green tea and Japanese pastries!

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 09.16.26.pngScreenshot 2022-12-02 at 09.15.55.png

Today, I have introduced two of my favorite light-ups.

April is the beautiful cherry blossom season in Japan.

I'll show you some of the pink-colored light-ups If I have a chance!

Best,

Shinya

20 Replies 20
Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Shinya0Thank you for sharing your photos of the lights in the gardens at night. They must be magical when seeing them with family and friends.

Shinya0
Osaka, Japan

@Laurelle3 
Thank you.
Yes!
I'll try to be creative in where I suggest depending on the guest's family structure! If the guests have kids, I'd suggest a place where kids can have fun too.
Let me know if you have any great light ups in Aus too!😊

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Shinya0 ,

Hi Shinya, thank you so much for your beautiful light show images. For Ade and myself we were amazed at the colours in Nagasaki on our visit there in 2012, nobody does colourful effect quite like the Japanese.....mind you everything the Japanese do, they do well!

Australia is a bit different in that we try to let nature talk for itself! Of course there are the iconic lightshows like the Sydney Opera house roof sails during the 'Colours of Vivid festival'.......

Australian light shows 4.png

But Shinya, on a more personal level one of our neighbouring towns in the Adelaide hills is called Lobethal and every December every house in Lobethal has a Christmas lights display in their front yard. Each year it attracts many thousands of visitors, the residents all try to outdo each other year after year and this is typical of what we get to see, house after house........

Australian light shows 5.png

But some of our outback light-shows are absolutely breathtaking.

This is an illustration of one of them. This is in the desert in the middle of Australia at a place called Uluru (Ayers rock) .......

This photo was taken from a luxury glamping resort called Longitude 131, and it is estimated there are 1.7 million individual lights in this photo field of view  between the resort and the rock of Uluru .....

Australian light shows 1.png

But as I said we like to let nature show us at our best....

This photo was taken at 1145 pm with a mobile phone on a stand using 'nightime' setting in a small South Australian town in the Flinders Ranges called Blinman.......

Blinman Hotel at night..jpg

The sky is almost frightening, it is so full of stars, it almost feels like they are falling in on you.

In 2016 we had an Italian school student (Aurora Lacu from Modena in northern Italy) staying with us for 3 months as part of the International Student Exchange program, and I said to her..."In outback Australia you can read a book by starlight alone".....she laughed at me and said that was not possible!

We took her into the Flinders ranges and one night I drove her out to a deserted patch of road away from the interference of any artificial street lighting, I asked her to get out the Italian book she had brought with her, she gave it to me and I opened it up to a random page, and she read the entire page by starlight alone. She will never forget that experience!

She was a lovely girl and there were some tears all around when we had to put her on that plane back to Italy. She has been back here again since and we have named our Airbnb cottage after her.....

CAM02435.jpg 

I am sure @Laurelle3 will be able to contribute  some of her beautiful Aussie scenes as well.

All the best to you Shinya.

Cheers.........Rob 

Shinya0
Osaka, Japan

G'Day @Robin4  !

OMG thank you for these amazingly beautiful pictures!!!😍
I feel like I've traveled all over Australia.🇦🇺
I actually lived in New Zealand for a year when I studied abroad, and I still go to Sydney and Melbourne occasionally for work to buy Wool, but I've never been to any other cities.

The night view in Sydney is stunning.
I love the view from Darling Harbour too.

Uluru Ayers rock is on my bucket list!
The major spots in the guidebooks are great, but I'm fascinated by the hidden places in the suburbs that only the local hosts know about!
Thanks for sharing your interesting story!
Shinya

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

*Gasp* @Robin4 , the picture consisting of a ''Starry Night'' is so breathtaking! Always craved to witness such sky (no luck yet😆). I took the liberty of downloading that picture for safekeeping😄.

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Robin4 That picture of the stars is insane, so beautiful and tranquil while at the same time very eldritch and supernatural.

There aren't many places left where you can still see the night sky like this without light pollution, but it's an astonishing sight.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Shinya0, thank you so much for sharing this! You've taken some absolutely stunning photos there! 🤩

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Shinya0
Osaka, Japan

Thank you @Quincy !
I'm not a photography pro, but I do like to shoot from angles that my senses find beautiful!😁
Japan has four distinct seasons, and I love that each season has its own characteristics.🍂

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Shinya0 , Cherry blossoms and Autumn colors: A sight to behold🙌 . Thank you for sharing such captivating pictures. They are super amazing!😍

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? Click start a conversation!

-----

Shinya0
Osaka, Japan

Hi @Bhumika 👋
It's even more beautiful when you actually see it with your own eyes!
Please visit Japan anytime.👘🇯🇵
I'd be glad to be your host.🙌😄

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Shinya0 , It has always been on my Wishlist... The beauty, the colors , the culture and what not!!!! Thank you so much for being so kind🌻

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Daniel1651
Host Advisory Board Member
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain

Wow! 😍

Definitely, I would like to discover Osaka by the hand of an amazing hosts as you are @Shinya0 

What about May/June to discover your country?

Shinya0
Osaka, Japan

Thank you for your comments dear @Daniel1651 🌟

May and June generally marks the time just before summer when the weather is still nice and not too hot.June is the start of rainy season as well.
There are holidays and lots of events going on during these two months, and with so many activities, it's generally a fun time to go! It's also a little bit less busy that cherry blossom season has ended, with the exception of holidays, so prices can be a bit cheaper.

Daniel1651
Host Advisory Board Member
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain

I should avoid the rainy season so....let's work on May visit! 😃