Deducted

Pauline559
Level 2
Langwith, GB

Deducted

I had to cancel a couple of bookings due to con19 it didn’t disrupt the guests as their courses had been cancelled I now find I have been charged 100 dollars on checking the bookings they fell in the policy guidelines . I have messaged Airbnb several times and no reply I am disgusted on them doing so at a time I am financially struggling to survive 

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You will need to call them @Pauline559  if the cancellation was within the EC policy for the virus you should be covered. If not, you should have contacted them to do it as a mutual cancellation - not just cancellation.

If you don't have any other sources of income do apply for universal credit and there are lots of jobs going within the NHS, supermarkets, delivery drivers that might suit on a temporary basis.

Pauline559
Level 2
Langwith, GB

What do u mean call them? 
I was unaware of any mutual cancellations way of doing things that’s not explained anywhere I can c. I thought as long as any booking falling within the guidelines would automatically be dealt with appropriately? 
regards universal credit that’s not possible we are pensioners and have 5£ over their living income limit we get no help at all

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I mean call their customer services @Pauline559 you may need to wait a little while for an answers as they are currently overwhelmed.

It is not clear from your post. Was the cancellation covered by their EC policy for the virus in terms of the timescales? If so you shouldn't have been charged.

I didn't realise you were in a receipt of a pension. 

As a superhost you will have priority when you call so give them a call.

Best of luck

I have now got the refund sorted using the telephone number for Airbnb supplied ty everyone for the help much appreciated

pauline

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

For years on this forum, I have seen hosts struggle with the cancellation process when wanting to use the EC process.  Never have I seen it work in an automatic Apparently speaking with an Air BNB rep is the only way for the penalties to be removed .  as the auto system cannot recognize exceptions.  I don't have the GB phone number handy but here is a post about contacting Air BNB and the number is in there.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/413245

You should get it sorted out quickly, but a tip for contacting Air BNB by phone is to think when the call volume might be lower instead of calling at peak calling time.  In the US, I call around 5 AM and seldom wait long.  Early bird get the worm thinking....

Ty for information really useful. All sorted now ty again