Did you see the northern lights last weekend?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Did you see the northern lights last weekend?

Projects - SP & EN CC (1).jpg

Hello everyone 😁

This year has brought some fascinating natural events. A couple of months ago, from certain parts of Canada, we had the opportunity to witness a total solar eclipse. More recently, from many places in the northern hemisphere and even some in the southern hemisphere, we had the chance to see the northern lights 🌟

Unexpectedly, I was one of the fortunate people who got to see this from my balcony. It was a surprising and thrilling experience. Natural events like this bring me a lot of joy, and this one was particularly special.

I would like to share some photos I took from my home and invite you to tell us: Did you have the opportunity to see the northern lights from your place? Please share in this thread the photos you were able to capture from different angles @Karen4131@Helen3@Mike-And-Jane0@Zheng49@Robin4., @Laurelle3@Ruth413@Sandra856@Kitty-and-Creek0 @Lorina14 and @Joelle43 were any of you able to see them?

Maybe we can create a collage with photos from many Hosts and guests enjoying the northern lights 🌟

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

15 Replies 15
Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Paula Sadly we had cloud cover in Huskisson. No lights from us. But I believe it was seen in Tasmania.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hopefully next time @Laurelle3  😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Paula , we did see the northern lights in Venice (Italy)!! A very very rare event 😍

Aurora Boreale a VeneziaAurora Boreale a Venezia

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Oh @Andrea6232, absolutely stunning! 😍

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Amazing @Andrea6232😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

That's stunning @Andrea6232 thanks so much for sharing 😍

-----

The beautiful sky taken my a guest from our patio on Missoula Ave. Missoula, Montana USAFrom the Patio of our Missoula Ave, AirbnbFrom the Patio of our Missoula Ave, AirbnbThe Guest sent them to me. She was awestruckThe Guest sent them to me. She was awestruck

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Such gorgeous photos and how lovely for your guest to share them with you @Jennipha-Lauren0😍 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Paula, sadly I've missed seeing the northern lights, however, back in 2018 I managed to see the northern lights when flying over Greenland! 

IMG_9427.jpegIMG_9431.jpeg

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Beautiful, @Quincy 😍. I didn’t get to see the blue one as it appears in your second picture. It’s fascinating. I hope I’m lucky enough to see them again 🌟

-----

Lorina14
Top Contributor
Bellevue, WA

@Paula,

I missed it and I have always wanted to see aurora borealis! 

I was asleep that Fri eve when they were active and didn’t know until then next day. On Saturday we stayed up late and didnt see anything 😞 then next few days were cloudy. I can share some pics some friends sent for the Friday that I missed in the Greater Seattle area.

IMG_0597.jpeg

IMG_0602.jpeg

IMG_1431.jpeg

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

That's stunning @Lorina14 thanks so much for sharing 😍

-----

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Lorina14,

We had a similar experience here! I was quite surprised when we found out we were going to see the Northern Lights (it's not very common here). A late WhatsApp message woke me up, and we rushed outside to enjoy the show. Just like you, the next Saturday, we hiked up a mountain at 10 pm and waited for 2 hours, hoping to see them again, but no luck. And as you mentioned, the next few days were cloudy.

Hopefully, you'll get to see them next time! 🌟

-----