Do you Instagram your Airbnb?

Maxine33
Level 8
Alexandria, VA

Do you Instagram your Airbnb?

I have noticed a major shift in the demographics of my guests and have started an Instagram account to connect with people. I am not very well versed in the Insta-world and was hoping for a little feedback.  Have you found one topic is better than another?  What are your most commented posts? Do you find your Instagram account has helped boost your bookings? Are you using any other social media?

You can find me at https://www.instagram.com/charminglycharleston/ and I would love any feedback you might have.

If anyone would like to  mutually follow and interact, I would love to do that too.  It does not matter if we are on opposite sides of the globe.  

I have also noticed @Airbnb  posting listings on their Instagram... does anyone know what you have to do to get featured there?

Thanks a bundle, Maxine

22 Replies 22

@Maxine33 Abb doesn’t. But I verify ID. & have a rental contract. 
I took a photo of my cards ...

E4D13EDA-8755-45EB-9B46-DB592E665F80.jpeg

 no idea why the thing is flipping it

Verifying ID is probably a good idea, I have not been doing that and have been trusting Airbnb.  I am not sure why Airbnb is unwilling to release that information.  After all, we are the ones taking the risk by allowing them in our home.  Maybe that is something the new advisory board will bring up. 

Pretty sure that hosts being able to know who their guests actually are is desire abb is already well aware of. 

abb willingness to let guests be anonymous is a feature not a bug

Emma-and-Mark0
Level 5
York, United Kingdom

Hi, we'd love to mutually follow and interact 😊

@Maxine33 @Lisa723  and @Kelly149  we have followed you. We are @ishouldcocoayork

Please let me know if I've missed anyone!

The link is here:

https://www.instagram.com/ishouldcocoayork/

We feel like we are slowly getting used to Insta but we still agonise over each post for way too long before posting!! You've all got some great photos... off to have a closer look now : )

Emma & Mark

I followed yours too!  It is super cute!  I think I should agonize a little more over my posts.

@Maxine33 thank you for the follow : )

Maxine33
Level 8
Alexandria, VA

Another question: I have noticed some IG posts of single objects, not of rooms or parts of the house.  Have you found this helpful and does it increase interaction?  Do you have a photographer do IG photos for you or are you using your phone for your pics?  

If anyone has topics that are especially engaging, i would love to hear about them!

Thanks everyone. 🙂  I appreciate the collective feedback from this group.

@Maxine33  Our pics of the local area seem to get the most likes but our pics of individual items (e.g. the tea we provide) seem to get the most comments. We do struggle to get people to interact.. we've started to use Stories more and that seems to be helping.