Does this sound legit, trying to rent an apartment indefinitely!

Does this sound legit, trying to rent an apartment indefinitely!

Once you send the payment confirmation (deposit $700) to Airbnb, they will confirm it and then you can check the apartment with an Airbnb agent. During the viewing time, they will bring you a standard rental contract so you can review it and if you want to change something on it, we can talk, no problem. You need to deposit the money to Airbnb and they will show you the apartment. They wont pay me until you decide to rent the apartment and you move in. If you dont like the apartment, after the viewing, you will get refund and Airbnb will send you the full deposit back.
Only after you have seen the apartment and you agree to rent it, i will come there and we will sign the contract. On the contract i will put a bank account where you have to pay the rent every month.I am working on a contract with a property management company to take care of any problems there. By the time we will sign the lease contract, everything will be done and settled with them.
I need the following information for Airbnb reservation request: I will need your phone number along with your full name, the date you want to enter the apartment, how many people will live there and how long.!!!

I hope i have answered to your questions.

4 Replies 4

@Pamela954   What you have described is a common scam. Nothing that you have described is how a legitimate Airbnb booking works. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/971/how-do-i-know-if-an-email-or-website-is-really-from-airbnb

Addendum:  no landlord seeking to rent an apartment indefinitely would choose Airbnb as their payment service, as they charge exorbitant service fees without providing any services or protections useful to long-term bookings (e.g. deposits, background checks). If you're looking for permanent housing, please steer clear of this site - it has some awesome options for vacations, but it is not a place to find a place to live. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Pamela954  This is a SCAM. You are dealing with a cybercriminal.

There is no such thing as an Airbnb agent who shows you the place. You don't ever send money. 

You should look on the main Airbnb website and read up about how you open an account with Airbnb, how you book a place, and how it is paid for.

Airbnb is mainly a short term rental site. Some hosts rent for longer periods, like a couple of months. But landlords don't use Airbnb to rent to long term lease tenants.

Thank you .... whew, was pretty sure it wasn’t real! Would love to report this criminal somehow!

@Pamela954  Report it to the site you found it on.