Early room checkout

Tomáš34
Level 1
Michalovce, SK

Early room checkout

Hi, Iam kind of new to this, but I have a simple question. When I book the room for lets say 3 nights and during the reservation it is said that arrival is at 14:00 and departure is at 11:00, but I need to leave early in the morning (lets say 5am), is that a problem? Or I should leave at 11:00 at the earliest? Thanks

2 Replies 2
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

When checkout is 11 am, that means anything BEFORE 11:00, so 5:00 is perfectly fine, @Tomáš34 . 

If you want to make your host extra happy, you could let them know you plan on leaving at 5:00 so that they can arrange an earlier cleaning that day. 

But no, you don't have to sit around waiting until 11:00 to leave. 

Don't check in early, though. If check-in is 14:00, do not arrive before that.

Does that help?

Mika8
Level 10
Zürich, Switzerland

@Tomáš34... conversation is always the clue. Tell your host your expected ETA (especially if it is not self-check-in, to avoid that the host have to sit around waiting for you, or not be there and you'll have to wait).

Further, some hosts like to be there at check-out, but nevertheless, of course you could check-out at 5am, if the host could not make it to that time, that's not your problem. However, if there is a key for the appartment (and not an electronical lock), you need to agree with the host how to lock the appartment and where you should left the keys.