Editing review responses

Mike2363
Level 2
Nympsfield, United Kingdom

Editing review responses

Hi,

I am just wanting to find out how to go about editing my response to a review, not "substantively" but to remove a typo!

I appreciate the system is set up to keep people from retrospectively messing about with their posts, but is there perhaps a way of getting the change approved first, so that it can be seen for what it is?

Many thanks,

Mike.

10 Replies 10
Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Mike2363  You can edit your review for up to 48 hours after posting, but only if the other party has not yet submitted theirs. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/367/editing-a-review-you-wrote

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mike2363  You can't edit a review response, you can only request that it be removed entirely.

Mike2363
Level 2

@Sarah977

Thank you ...

If I were to do that, would I then be able to re-write it and correct the typo that way?

@Mike2363  No. Once a review or response has been published, it can't be edited or rewritten, it can only be removed.

If you are talking about the most recent response you left, I'm not sure why you left a response to that review anyway- aside from thanking the guest for the great review she left, the rest of the response seems  irrelevant to her review.

Mike2363
Level 2

I think the relevance is for me to decide.

It will show on our listing, so I try to make sure there is something of interest to anyone reading our reviews ... I would just rather I had noticed the typo, that's all.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Mike2363 

It would annoy me too, but at least it’s not a really embarrassing typo, such as “I saw you piss yesterday” when you meant to say “pass.”

I think most people who are familiar with computers will assume that you meant “set things” rather than “settings.”

Mike2363
Level 2

Hi Brian, thanks for your message ... You're absolutely right of course, and had it been a real whopper I'd probably delete it and make sure that guest knew I appreciated their review some other way!

@Mike2363  Of course it's up to you to write whatever you want in the response. What I meant is that you could have the response removed without any ill effects, since you weren't having to correct any misleading statements or complaints to clarify things for future guests, which is what most hosts use review responses for.

Mike2363
Level 2

Ah, I see, sorry to have been a bit snippy then!

Appreciate the time and effort that people out into this 🙂

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

@Mike2363 as mentioned the only option is to have the response removed. The guest will also get a notification your response was removed, so if you decide to do that could send them a quick note that there was a typo in your responce and thank them again. If @Brian2036 hadn't pointed out the typo I wouldn't have noticed. I thought it was a very good interaction at first, but on second thought its not a good idea to mention a potential drawback, especially after the guest made such a nice complement. Guest tend to pick up and repeat whatever info was included in the last review and future guest might say, we loved it but wish it had an outdoor area. I just have a few outdoor lawn chairs and folding beach chairs, but if you are planning to upgrade outdoor area soon than no problem. Still I would just make the upgrade and just be very clear whats actually included in the listing. And if guest mention in the review they wish it had something not in the listing I respond to those, thanking them and encouraging future guest to read the listing carefully. 

Either way not a big deal.