Enquiries that go no where

Noreen28
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Enquiries that go no where

I got 13 enquiries from mostly Turkish people for a Turkish beachfront property but no booking to date on Airbnb.  I have experience with properties in other markets and this never happened where I have an instant booking which I also have on this property. I have received several bookings through Booking.com and no enquiries and I wonder why this is happening. Some of the potential guests want discounts and more photos and send me their email addresses but Airbnb deletes the email addresses so I can't send them anything.  Has anyone a similar experience?

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Noreen28  Anyone can send an Inquiry. If they are trying to get a discount, they wouldn't Instant Book, they would send an Inquiry. 

Yes, email addresses and phone numbers are hidden until a booking is confirmed. Guests wanting to communicate off-platform is usually because they want to try to make a private deal, avoiding Airbnb fees. Why would you want to waste time sending information to a guest who is just inquiring via email? Just send them a return message saying you don't discount and be done with it. They probably sent out inquiries to 15 different hosts.

If your listing description is complete and your photos are clear, there's no reason a guest needs more information that can't be conveyed through inquiry messages.