Extenuating Circumstances Policies (ECP) - need copy of last version before Covid

Extenuating Circumstances Policies (ECP) - need copy of last version before Covid

Could anyone help me with a complete copy of the last version of the ECP before the Covid changes? Airbnb only provides the latest version on their website. Has anyone started a legal case with Airbnb with regards to refunds by Airbnb and the ECP?

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kevin2059 

There are two policies,  the normal ECP (major updated in janari). and the special COVID ECP. Airbnb made update to the latter in october. For now if a reservation is made after 14 March ONLY refund if host or guest is sick (so travelissues, regulations etc are not covered anymore). Also compensation for cancellations for host ended 31 may.

Thank you. I need a copy of the ECP from January. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Not due to Covid, no @Kevin2059 . Our country was in lockdown for much of the last year, so the right thing to do is to refund a guest if we are unable to host them.

In any case the laws in our country say that the customer needs to be refunded if a service cannot be refunded so Airbnb was acting in accordance with the laws of our country.

This post is not about the correct procedure to take, it is reaching out to the community to see if anyone has a copy of the ECP that I have requested. We are governed by the TOS as Hosts and Guests and the ECP forms part of the TOS, yet Airbnb will not provide past versions when asked. 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Kevin2059  Maybe ask Airbnb Whistleblower on Twitter?