Extremely disappointed in airbnb

Alisha79
Level 1
Anaheim, CA

Extremely disappointed in airbnb

I endured the most frightening and humiliating experience with Airbnb. I was tricked by the listing and when I confronted the host she not only disrespected me, she threatened me, she made me fear for my safety. I was held hostage for hours in a room that wasn’t the room I booked and payed for. She acted in a manner that Airbnb should take seriously and immediately investigate. She didn’t refund me. She also posted a review furthering her abuse and also defamation of my character.  I do have video and pictures to back up. Airbnb has yet to respond or Acknowledge my messages

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Alisha79 Having read both  your and your hosts reviews I fear this community won't get to the bottom of the truth here.

At the end of they if safety is compromised you need to contact Airbnb at the time not post the stay.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Alisha79 Held hostage? What, the host tied you up? Locked you in? Considering that the host has a number of good reviews (there is one bad one apart from yours) and you have none apart from this one, nor have you even taken the time to write up anything about yourself in your profile, I would tend to believe the host's version of events. But like @Mike-And-Jane0 said, no one else can relly know what went on, it's your version against the host's.

And if all the things you say happened actually did, why did you not mention any of it in your review?

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Alisha79  How were you 'tricked by the listing'?  Do you mean that the listing wasn't as advertised, if so, you can complain to airbnb.  Or do you mean you failed to read the listing fully and didn't understand what you had booked?  Those are two very different things.

@Alisha79 If you arrive at an Airbnb and find that the property is seriously not as advertised (which I guess is what you mean when you say you were tricked), you have to  call Airbnb right away to be rehoused and refunded.

I don't understand how the host held you "hostage," but if you were kidnapped or forcibly detained, that would be a matter for the police to investigate rather than Airbnb. The accusations you've aired here are alarmingly specific, and as others have mentioned it is baffling that of all the things you claim to have experienced you could only come up with three words for your review.