[FESTIVAL] Passion Vs Profession: Lets flip the reviews to create a positive ripple.

Dr-Jayanthi1
Level 10
Coimbatore, India

[FESTIVAL] Passion Vs Profession: Lets flip the reviews to create a positive ripple.

Love to have guests book and stay at my Airbnb. I do sincerely strive in every time for the coveted five star review. Clean spaces, fresh linens, amenities in use, comfortable check ins, guest aids on  local cuisine, attractions and anything else that fits into my ability are definitely my cup of hosting.  Generally accepted as a proactive host, however after every guest check out - I adorn my detective hat and step in to sneak if everything is in order. 

Mr and Mrs Madhu had booked for a 6 night stay. Mr Madu was on a business trip and his wife had work from home. I was all enthused to host them. My bad, on the day of their arrival, there had been a maintenance issue at the housing society and the water supply was disrupted. My heart was pounding, yet my guests had patiently waited for 4 hours until the water supply was resumed. They volunteered to follow it up with the maintenance team as well. The scenario seemed different than usual. It was obvious that I’m in for a surprise with the couple. Their stay went on with occasional greets and my style of checking up with guests that days were comfortable. They were quite independent and had no other issues to report. 

I am usually skeptical after every guest check out. I keep vigil to look for details on how guests have used and left my home. Yet my positive intuition was strong on Mr and Mrs Madhu. I walked in as a cool dude. I was overwhelmed. What I found in their room wasn’t just cleanliness but an incredible display of respect and thoughtfulness. The bed was made, the towels were hung neatly to dry, and every item in the room was in its rightful place. It was as though the room had hardly been lived in at all. This couple, who had patiently waited for the water issue to be fixed upon their arrival, had also discreetly mended the WiFi router themselves. Oh my - is it real??!!

The act of responsibility - not to leave stuff unattended was quite an inspiration. Their actions spoke volumes about the kind of guests they were. These are simple acts of concern and gratitude of guests in return to hosts who have opened up their doors to strangers. It was a clear reflection of the care and courtesy that Mr. and Mrs. Madhu embodied to their host - Me. I was touched.

All throughout my hosting journey, I place myself as a professional and consider it a privilege to make my guest reviews black and white. My academician expectations impose stringency on, up keeping of mentioned house rules, rarely willing to negotiate on check out timelines, expect neat orderly spaces to be left back after the stay. I am a voice on explicit guest reviews , majorly describing on staying away from my expectations. I am confident that guests like Mr and Mrs Madhu was instrumental in highlighting the Passion part of my hosting journey. I was excited to reach out to them and express my elation as a host. My review for the couple was filled with positivity. I had taken it up noticeably to the community centre discussions as well. I described how Mr. and Mrs. Madhu were the epitome of ideal guests—courteous, considerate, and genuinely appreciative of the space. I knew that my enthusiastic praise would not only attract future guests who shared their values but would also set a clear expectation for others about what it means to be a great guest.

In the end, it was clear that happy reviews like the one I left for Mr. and Mrs. Madhu didn’t just reflect my appreciation—they also helped create a cycle of positive experiences for both the guests and myself. Mr. and Mrs. Madhu’s stay reminded me of the power of courtesy and the impact that even small gestures can have. As I continue to welcome new guests, I carry with me the lesson they taught me: that by appreciating and openly acknowledging the good in others, I can help create a space where everyone feels at home. This story not only highlights the exemplary behavior of Mr. and Mrs. Madhu but also emphasizes the importance of mutual respect and understanding between a host and their guests. By sharing such experiences, you're not just telling a story—you're setting a standard for the kind of interactions you value, which, in turn, can help attract guests who share those values.

2 Replies 2
Angelo-Aurelio6
Level 5
Morrison, CO

What a heartwarming story! It’s clear that Mr. and Mrs. Madhu were truly exceptional guests, and your appreciation for their thoughtfulness is wonderful. It’s inspiring to see how mutual respect and care between hosts and guests can lead to such positive experiences. Your approach to acknowledging and valuing great guest behavior not only enhances their stay but also sets a high standard for future interactions. It’s a great reminder of the impact that kindness and attention to detail can have on both sides of the hosting experience!

Lorina14
Top Contributor
Bellevue, WA

@Dr-Jayanthi1,

Thank you for sharing your sweet story about Mr. And Mrs. Madhu! It’s always a pleasure to host such great guests and to have warm interactions with our visitors as well!  It shows that you have a high standard in hosting and you also are open to seeing how you can improve with each guest visit. It’s always a delight to read your comments in the community center - I especially loved your commentary on the history and fragrance notes of the aromatic jasmine 💕