False review

Balsa1
Level 2
BG, Serbia

False review

One guest put in review that i dont have black outs in my apartment . I have 2 diferent blackouts in all windows . Strip curtains and venetian blinds . So what I cant do to fix that review . It is notorius lie review 

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Balsa1 all you can do is respond to the review recognising that the idea is to correct information for future prospective guests rather than challenge the reviewer.

Sadly your response is not the best but hopefully it will not be too damaging to your rental.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

Good grief @Balsa1, I agree with Mike and Jane that your response is not helpful. Realize that your responses are only read by future guests who are considering booking with you. That response may very well turn guests away. You should ask Airbnb to remove it for you.

Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

I wonder if there is a language-based confusion here.  In America, we refer to black-out curtains as a specific type of curtains that block-out all light.  They are often used by guests who might have jet-lag or prefer to sleep late.  The reviewer wasn't claiming that you don't have any window coverings at all, simply that they do not block-out all light. Looking at this photo, it looks like your window coverings are not what we would call "Black-Out Curtains" in the US.Screenshot (116).png

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Balsa1   It was very unfair of the guest to state that you did not have blackout curtains.  From your pictures, taken with the curtains closed during the daytime, it is obvious that the curtains filter the light, but do not block it completely.  Blackout curtains are meant to block all light so that the room is dark, like a cave.  If you have travelers who are arriving from another time zone and need to sleep off their jet lag,  light blocking curtains are appreciated.  But your pictures should have alerted this guest that the curtains are not "blackout", and he should not have complained or commented.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Balsa1  You don't have black-out curtains, you just have window coverings. That said, if a host doesn't offer something in their listing ad, the guest has no right to complain about it. However, mentioning something isn't the same as criticizing or complaining. Many hosts get suggestions from guests that they take on board.

But a guest can be responsible for themselves and should be- if noise bothers them, they should travel with earplugs, if they need the room to be pitch black to sleep, they should travel with a sleep mask. Personally, I travel with a small squishy pillow I can drape over my eyes and ears.