Fourteen Day Quarantine

Fourteen Day Quarantine

Hi Everyone,

Am planning to fly to Ontario, Canada in November with my wife and two kids age 7 years and 2 years.I will have to stay for a compulsory 14 day quarantine.

just wanted to know the process of getting bookings done for it and what are the precautions we need to follow.

Regards,

Vijay.

3 Replies 3
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Bijay4,

Here is the link to Airbnb's health and safety guidelines: https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/2839/what-are-the-health-and-safety-guidelines-for-hosts-and-gues....  When selecting your rental, you should select an entire place that doesn't share an entrance or common space with anyone outside of your family.  It's common knowledge in Canada that all visitors and returning residents must quarantine for 14 days.  So, your host should be understanding when you indicate that is the reason for your stay.  If you're going to have COVID-19 tests done before you travel, you should not travel if anyone has a positive result.  If all of your results are negative, you may want to indicate that to the host, and confirm that you will be following health guidelines.  Provide any information that your host is obligated to collect per the local government regulation.  Also, confirm with the host if it's okay to have groceries or other household items delivered to the space during your stay.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Bijay4  Have you checked if you are even allowed into Canada? As far as I'm aware, only Canadian citizens and residents are allowed in right now, although who knows come November. I believe all non-essential travel into Canada is banned.

@Bijay4 

I don't know about Canada but in S.Korea, anyone coming into the country without a permanent place of residence must fulfill the 14 day mandatory quarantine at a government-designated facility (usually a hotel designated for quarantine purposes).