Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

From Mess to Cozy Nest: The Transformation of "Mandarin"

Oksana127
Level 10
Riga, Latvia

From Mess to Cozy Nest: The Transformation of "Mandarin"

As promised, here’s the story behind my latest Airbnb transformation! In just one week, I turned a neglected, chaotic apartment into a cozy retreat for guests. The location? Old town, in a charming historic building with just two apartments per floor. This space consists of two bedrooms, a living room, a bathroom, a kitchen, and a tiny hallway—all within 50 square meters. Small, but with great potential!

The first two days were dedicated to deep cleaning, with the help of my assistant. During this, we uncovered some not-so-pleasant technical issues that needed fixing. Once that was sorted, I spent several days hunting down the perfect pieces to bring my vision to life. My goal? To create a space that felt inviting and unique without breaking the bank. (this project  +- 700  )

Lately, it seems like everyone is obsessed with IKEA, and while it’s practical, I prefer a more personalized touch. That’s why each of my projects has its own distinct style. For this one, I named it “Mandarin,” because the apartment’s four small rooms reminded me of little mandarin slices. 🍊

In just a week, my team and I created what I believe is a very cozy space. We now have two comfortable bedrooms—one with a king-sized bed, the other with a queen. Both have high-quality bedding and soft window textiles. It’s the little details that make a space feel truly welcoming.

While I’m happy with the final result, I have to admit that the photoshoot didn’t go quite as planned. I missed the morning sunlight, so the photos turned out a bit dark, but I think they still capture the warmth and character of the space. I always prefer taking the photos myself because I find heavily filtered images can feel cold and impersonal. My goal is to reflect the true warmth and energy of the space.

Overall, I'm really proud of how "Mandarin" turned out. It’s ready to welcome guests, and I can’t wait to hear what they think! 🏡

#AirbnbHost #ApartmentTransformation #UniqueSpaces #CozyVibes

BEFOREBEFORE

BEFOREBEFORE

BEFOREBEFORE

BEFOREBEFORE

BEFOREBEFORE

BEFOREBEFORE

BEFOREBEFORE

BEFOREBEFORE

BEFOREBEFORE

AFTERAFTER

AFTERAFTER

AFTERAFTER

AFTERAFTER

AFTERAFTER

AFTERAFTER

AFTERAFTER

AFTERAFTER

AFTERAFTER

AFTERAFTER

AFTERAFTER

AFTERAFTER

AFTERAFTER

bfa9bd3a-03cf-4d49-bfd8-6e80de98de33.jpg

2 Replies 2
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Oksana127 😊

What an impressive project and result—congratulations! Mandarin 🍊 looks like a lovely place. It’s remarkable that you and your team accomplished all of this in such a short period of time. What was the biggest challenge you faced during this process? Have you opened your calendar yet?

I’m tagging some of our amazing hosts who I’m sure will appreciate all the work you’ve done and could share their thoughts:@Anton7298@Karen1100@Karen4131@Lorina14@Nash-Cottages-LLC0@Sorcha3 and @Livia120.

Just in case you find it useful, here’s a link with a step-by-step guide on how to start a 👉critique listing thread. This initiative is used by many new hosts to gather the best suggestions from our experienced hosts and ensure everything is set up correctly in your listing.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Anton7298
Level 9
San Fernando, Philippines

Wow @Oksana127 ! What an impressive work you did.

I also like the effort of the shooter (photo).