Frustrated with customer service. ๐Ÿ˜‘

Martin3685
Level 2
Langley, Canada

Frustrated with customer service. ๐Ÿ˜‘

Hello

I am super host for many years in Vancouver area.

Last week my new guest young male from Toronto arrived.

He disrespect my house rules bringing friends to the house and been loud in the middle of the night. 

I am calling Airbnb customer service everyday for help and wish to talk to supervisor or safety team.

I am promise that someone will be calling me in 24 hours for sure.

6 days passed already.

NO HELP.

I feel unsafe I feel unsafe in my own house. 

I feel betrayed. 

38 Replies 38

Thank you Colleen for your support .

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL PERSON. 

Hard to find smart and unconditionally giving people.

I will try to follow your advice.  

Martin3685
Level 2
Langley, Canada

Airbnb Support11:47 AM
I am very sorry again for the frustrtarion Martin and that there was not more I could do.

As we discussed on the phone, I am sorry to say that I was not able to find any Content Policy violations that would allow us to remove Harshil's review and I am now forwarding this case to my supervisor per your request.

They should be able to follow up within the next 24 - 48 hours.

If there is anything else we could do, just let us know.

Best wishes.

Screenshot_20210326-051343_Chrome.jpg

โ€ƒ

This are Canadian BC regulations. 

Airbnb did nothing to protect me as a Host or to follow own rules or to fallow government regulations. 

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

Does anyone actually receive any valuable host support, or even a, successful claim on host guarantee anymore? 

I ask because I just had another dialogue with host support about my last guest, who seriously violated two key house rules - more people than booked, and smoking

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

In the house. (Sorry, incomplete message sent). 

And of course, it was the same old friendly stroking about how great we are to be a, super host, but in the end, nothing. 

So, if there's little substance to any of this, why bother? Just to tell us how great we are before giving us the bad news? 

Hello Elaine

Base on my own experience crying for help from Airbnb for 14 days.

NO

Zero help just nice words.

I think it is conflict of interests .

After successful IPO

Airbnb needs more bookings more profits on anyone expense.

Only after I finally cancel the guest reservation by myself he was finally forced out of my properties

But it cost me:

more that 2 weeks of extreme stress during his stay

Days of wasted time calling Airbnb support.

Damages in suite after guest left 

and 

I got the worst possible rating from guest

and I will be loosing superhost status because of his rating. 

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

@Martin3685

I know. I could have clobbered this guest with penalties and so on. But because all they did was have 2 more guests than they booked for (ending up sleeping on the couch because we lick unbooked rooms) , and did a small bit of smoking in the house, which, aside from a small cigarette burn on a bedroom side table, they left the house in pretty pristine condition. 

But in this case, it just wasn't worth the hassle of pursuing it through Airbnb, because it's not our first time. We know the chances of successfully getting compensation are pretty remote. 

Besides, they haven't yet reviewed us. If we initiate a claim, they'll just retaliate with a bad review and knock points off our hard earned ratings. 

It's just not worth it. But it irks me that they get away with it. Especially after explicitly agreeing to those specific prohibited behaviours and the severe penalties for violations, in the Airbnb message system, prior to being allowed to book. I made them agree first. And they did, as, a matter if record. But then flagrantly ignored what they agreed to. 

The next host they defraud probably won't be so apathetic. Not that it will matter much. 

Martin3685
Level 2
Langley, Canada

You didnโ€™t get Super host status this April...

I received this massage this morning.

Best example how dysfunctional is Airbnb system

Hypocrisy !

guest breaking government rules

guest breaking house rules

guest breaking  Airbnb own rules

Host suffer emotionally and financially

on the end Host is punished additionally by taken away Superhost status 

Wow and nobody from Airbnb is available to make it right.