Frustrated with customer service. ๐Ÿ˜‘

Martin3685
Level 2
Langley, Canada

Frustrated with customer service. ๐Ÿ˜‘

Hello

I am super host for many years in Vancouver area.

Last week my new guest young male from Toronto arrived.

He disrespect my house rules bringing friends to the house and been loud in the middle of the night. 

I am calling Airbnb customer service everyday for help and wish to talk to supervisor or safety team.

I am promise that someone will be calling me in 24 hours for sure.

6 days passed already.

NO HELP.

I feel unsafe I feel unsafe in my own house. 

I feel betrayed. 

38 Replies 38

@Martin3685 I get those rating emails sometimes ,too, after an exchange with CS. The way they are worded is just so awful- " Based on your experience with XX, how likely would you be to recommend Airbnb to a friend?" or something like that.

No, you billionaire jerks, it isn't because of XX that I wouldn't recommend Airbnb, it's because you farm out your customer service to people you don't even train properly, pay them slave wages, and don't give a flying fig that everyone dreads having to contact CS about anything because the service is so bad.

Sarah 

Thank you for honest opinion. 

Completely agree.

@Martin3685not negative, but realistic ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for sharing and thanks to @Colleen253  for sharing her wealth of knowledge.

Please be advice that is Airbnbs aim to waste more of our time when they spare their $ not paying enough so called ambassadors and training them adequately.

Yes, it's frustrating and yes it's upsetting. Especially knowing that Airbnb offered SUPERB customer support some years ago. So yes, they were able to make it, they know how to do it, but those where the times they did not focus exclusively on the profit margin, stock, etc. Those were the times they supported hosts endlessly, knowing that without them there will be no Airbnb. Those times are over. Sadly. And shows. Every time you have to pick up the phone forced calling that **bleep** number for help you know you have super slim chance to get.

@Colleen253   Hi....Nice you knew just what to share.  Sharing a space in your own home is brave to me.

Martin3685
Level 2
Langley, Canada

Hello Nick

Thank you for your text. 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for your advise and support on this @Colleen253 @Sarah977 

@Martin3685 I have sent you another DM, please have a look when you can. Thanks! 

Nick

What is DM ?

I don't understand. 

I have never received anything from you except couple comments on this post.

@Martin3685  DM- Direct message. Found under 'messages' in the drop down menu under your profile photo here on the upper right of your screen. If there's one waiting, you should also see a number on that profile photo.

Thank you Sarah

For all of your amusement I would like to update you on my case.

I just received call from CS 

He asked me if the guest situation is resolved ...

I said 

Yes

Yesterday and guest moved out.

He said on his side on his computer showing that my guest is still staying at my place.

and nothing is resolved

Than he said ;

If I resolved it on my own outside Airbnb this is breaking Airbnb rules and I will be punished !

omg 

I am loosing my mind dealing with this people

Martin3685
Level 2
Langley, Canada

Hello

After 2 horrific weeks with guest 

Harshil Singh

He left the suite in terrible condition with damages.

He also left me review with 0 ZERO rating as bad as possible.

because of him 

I will be loosing my Superhost status.

Talk to Review Department 

they will do nothing about it !

@Martin3685 So sorry you've had to suffer this horror guest situation, and a pathetic 'support' response from Airbnb, with a clearly retaliatory final kick in the butt from the guest in the form of that review. It's very sad that Airbnb continues to let sketchy guests run roughshod over Superhosts with proven track records. It's embarrassing actually.

Your lovely reviews speak volumes, and will be what influence future guests, not a clearly retaliatory one-off review. Your response to it was perfect and professional! I don't believe your superhost status is at risk. When you hear back from Customer Circus, just try to remind them that this guest was evicted for breaking your house rules and your local pandemic restrictions, and that the review was clearly retaliatory. Not confident they will support you as they should and remove the review, but here's hoping. 

Hello Colleen

Thank you for your support 

I already talk to Reviews Department with very nice gentleman.

He was very sorry about my situation.

But

He told me that this will effect my Superhost status.

He give me lovely advice :

If work really hard as a host...one day I may get my Superhost status again ...

Hmmm 

Any constructive advice how to proceed next ?

I am so sad and disappointed that I am on the edge of giving up this whole Airbnb business.  

@Martin3685 "If work really hard as a host...one day I may get my Superhost status again ..."

That is just the most offensive thing to have to listen to, given the situation. Re giving up on Airbnb, are you on other platforms? Airbnb's treatment of hosts has many walking off. Perhaps put more effort into cultivating your presence elsewhere.

@Airbnb and @Catherine-Powell just refuse to address retaliatory reviews and the trampling of truly super hosts. 

Hi

Airbnb was like a family to me for many years.

I was proud to part of it.

I am old date man beliving in loyalty. 

I raised my adult now kids not to just chase money but live by principle.

Things are changing.

No

I did not try any other platforms.

Idon't   even know how to find other ways. 

I started Airbnb after my kids grow up and this house was much to big for me .

I will try to do some research on internet. 

If you have any suggestions 

I would greatly appreciate. 

"I raised my adult now kids not to just chase money but live by principle".

"I started Airbnb after my kids grow up and this house was much to big for me" .

You just gave me a whole new persective.

@Martin3685 Let those statements be a continual source of inspiration to you. Stay true to your motivation for doing this. Keep sharing your big beautiful place and your hospitality! Rather than get distracted by the odd negative guest experience and Airbnb's behavior, keep your focus on your overwhelmingly good guest experiences. Allow them to have the weight. Go back and read all your lovely reviews, and 'remember'. Your future guests will read those reviews and want to book with you. Take that next booking, enjoy that next great guest and keep moving forward. Let any negative experience stay where it belongs, in the dust. Eyes forward, always. Don't let Airbnb drag you down.