Frustrating Customer Service

Kevin557
Level 4
Nashville, TN

Frustrating Customer Service

Airbnb just allowed an instant booking for one night (tomorrow) despite that I have a two night minimum and the guest

doesn't meet my criteria for instant booking. Calling customer service is not fruitful, they say I could lose my superhost status

if i cancel, and they said they would have someone call me back in 24 hours, which would be after the guest has checked in. 

Yesterday I called to facilitate a change request by another guest and the rep was obviously working from home, as she appeared to be changing a diaper

while she spoke with me, and then she disconnected me and never called me back.

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I have had a couple of times in which the system allowed an IB outside of my requirements and the CS rep did the legwork to cancel the booking and deal with the guest immediately.  That is my expectation and should be yours as well.  That being said, right now the customer service is more broken than usual.  25%  of the staff are losing their jobs, most are working with poor supervision and training and the bad service is being felt by both hosts and guests.  Given the short amount of time, either you accommodate the booking or you cancel and deal with the consequences later.  Or, you get off Air BNB.  I am not taking reservations for the next several months because I think Air BNB is not working as it should.  I am able to do that but many hosts are not.  Sorry this is happening to you.