Gift from Airbnb.

Gift from Airbnb.

We got a little gift from Airbnb today.

In the middle of a particularly difficult time for everyone in hospitality, this was really nice. 

It's  little touches like this that give you a boost just when you needed it.

Sometimes it's nice to get a reminder we are all on the same side.

Cheers Airbnb 👍

12 Replies 12

I got the apron. It was cute. A few years ago there were some options and I got the throw which I put in the apartment. Also cute. 🙂

@Kevin1322 @Christine615 I was also offered the apron... no thanks.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Lisa723 

It's not for everyone I guess. Maybe there's something in our Community Center catalog that's more appealing that's just for our team to surprise and delight hosts with 😏

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie community center catalog??

I appreciate the thought. Just not an apron-wearer and generally trying to reduce my load of worldly possessions.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Lisa723 I'll drop you a note 👀

-----

There is a catalogue......  for free stuff....  take my money....  I love the new world economy  😜 

ps. If anyone is handing out new tesla cars we have solar panels if that helps.....

I know. Really I was just commenting that I appreciate it when these global tech companies  at least attempt to make a connection with us human beings. It just gives you pause for thought sometimes that someone somewhere made an effort outside of the algorithm and there is someone in the management who remembers that there are people out here generating the money.   Until skynet.

I wish you hadn't mentioned that.

My wife is an apron addict  🙄

I happen to print Tees.... and aprons......  

You will find me in the garage, with my head in a heat press......  🤣

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Kevin1322 ,

I'm pretty sure I've sent you something before when you wrote for the month of celebration back in 2019 😨 And yes, it is a human being that decides when, what and who to send "Airbnb Love" too ❤️

Anyway, we read everything on the CC and like to surprise our lovely hosts with little something-somethings from time to time. @Robin4 had a few pressies in his time! 

Thanks

-----

It all makes a difference. 

30 odd years ago, long before Airbnb and the internet we were young, with a couple of kids and we hosted foreign exchange students, more for the cultural side of it than the money;  A lot of the time Airbnb is like that today. Meeting nice people,  making new friends, and making ends meet too.

I feel that Airbnb has similar values.  While we all need the money, sometimes it isn't all about the money, is it 👍

@Kevin1322 I agree with you, as we had hosted exchange students in the past. We did this to meet people from different culture and wasy of life. The same reason why we have used Airbnb while travelling overseas. We hope to meet overseas travellers when the Covid bug lockdown passes. However, the guests we have met are all happy to stay and enjoy our local environment by the beach and national park.

In hindsight I think it did our own kids a lot of good meeting younger people from different cultures. 

In my thirties I often ended up going into "Dad Mode" 

Endless mirth in the world before the internet making  and taking international calls all over the globe with fellow parents checking up on their kids.

Yes,  happy times.

Younger guests , in theory adults,  sometimes need bit of home made looking after, don't they.

I have to say the youngsters we get have all been great.  At the moment with travel restrictions we are getting a lot of domestic guests, who can understandably be hard work as this isn't their first choice of vacation due to travel restrictions, but so far we have had a lot of russian, eastern european and chinese nationals who happen live in the UK coming to explore and without exception they have been wonderful guests.

Normally we have  mostly German, Russian and East European guests,  quite a lot from China, Taiwan and the USA too, and probably only 20 percent domestic guests.