Gifts from the Community Center moderators

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Gifts from the Community Center moderators

Are you aware that our CC moderators actually bribe us into staying loyal contributors!

Over the years every time I stray from the community for one reason or another, a gift turns up on my doorstep.

This folks is bribery, the CC moderators are trying to keep us loyal contributors with gifts.....they are putting a monetary value on who we are!!

It started a couple of years ago! @Lizzie sent me a wonderful assortment of gifts.....

IMG20190415140111.jpg

A really nice bottle of wine, some Harrods bickies,  a pair of tropical theme sox and a key-ring!

Over the next few months other enticements kept arriving at my doorstep with such frequency, I got on first name terms with the courier!

IMG20191101091453.jpg

Not just content with trying to buy my loyalty, one day Interflora turned up with a lovely bunch of flowers for Ade with a beautiful hand written note from those dastardly scheming moderators!

IMG20190710173822.jpg

IMG20190710165036.jpg

Every time it looked like I might falter and take my loyalties elsewhere.....another gift would arrive!

I got a lovely travel rug which  I can't show....it's in the guest  cottage and there are guests present just now.

But yesterday their last attempt at bribery arrived! A couple of commodious mugs with a nice hand written note, "We hope you enjoy this piece of Airbnb love"!

IMG20210518204924.jpg

And I guess that sums it up! Dealing with the Community Centre involves a fair degree of love for each other and for the wonderful guys who keep us on the tracks. In a hosting sense I would be nothing today without the wonderful help I have received over the years here on the CC.

Thanks @Lizzie  @Stephanie  @Quincy  @Nick  @Liv and to those we don't see as often these days @Kirstie   @Katie 

You all do a wonderful job and we are all so grateful you are here to support us!

Cheers........Rob

21 Replies 21
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Stephen1156 

Stephen, look at you, you are a straight 5 star superhost, your reviews read like gold.

Mate you have nothing to be envious of, you are a great host.

I remember in 2017 having lunch with the Australian promotions officer for Airbnb at the time Kate Hannan.....I had a total of something like 60 reviews at the time and we were talking about what made a great host. I said to her with passion, "The only difference between me and a 300 review Superhost is two years".....Here I am 400 + reviews down the track, I believed in myself.

And Stephen that is what you need to do, don't hope for accolades, they will happen, you are a great host. The only difference between you and me mate is .....2 years!

Cheers.......Rob

Not so much envious as surprised and delighted that Airbnb do these small things for hosts. And that's largely from a professional perspective, as my work is focussed on customer and user experience, and building better organisations. These small acknowledgements are a key part of building successful customer and business partner relationships.

Those of us achieving consistently excellent reviews are all putting in more than just providing a space. From what I can see here on the community; it's more about the experience. It's good to get some acknowledgement for that.

So we've been hosts 4 years now, I have never even gotten so much as a key chain....

Wondering how everyone is so loved, receiving little gifts?   

@Libby-And-Kerry0 

Libby, about the only thing you are ever going to get from Airbnb is a travel voucher on each anniversary of becoming a Superhost but, these things I have mentioned in this post have not come from Airbnb.

I have been a part of this community centre since it started in November 2015, I cannot begin to count the number of hours that I have spent here, I have 7,161 posts and have got 14,040 up-votes for my contributions over that time. 

We don't get paid for this Libby, we do it to learn for ourselves from others, and in process of learning hopefully help others.

Every now and then the community centre moderators give us a little something to reward us in some way for these contributions we make. It's their way of saying, thanks for keeping the CC rolling along.

If you choose to stay here and get involved in the CC family you will find out the moderators do reward you for the effort and work you put into it!

Cheers.......Rob

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Robin4 When I read your post I was put off and upset with you initially and thought "Oh Rob this is not good" and DID NOT take it as tongue and cheek and I am glad you clarified what you truly meant because of all the pics and then the turn around came. 

(and if I'm honest here you have been very challenged with your lack of support and written some post that surprised me and so I assumed you were dead serious) 

I too adore all those pals on the Community Center: Lizzie, Stephanie, Quincy, Nick, Katie and appreciate them so much - and I'm hoping they do indeed know how much we care about them and totally dig there being a Community Center.

Just had to air my thoughts to you ole buddy!

p.s. I love being called Possum, haha

peace brother - How about a "Lush Life"

Clara

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Clara116 

Clara, except for the gifts, the tone of that post from the start was tongue in cheek, and I would hate the thought that anyone took it as being a serious dig at the moderators.

This post did originally have a different title Clara, but that has been changed to something a little less provocative!

In these times we need to keep a sense of humour, however black that humour might be.

Clara, Ade and I do have a black sense of humour! When our first daughter (Sarah) was born, Ade was in a post delivery ward of 8 other new mums. The one in the next bed had a husband who was born a Thalidomide baby. He had one deformed arm that ended in two fingers at the elbow which he used to carry his packet of cigarettes around clasped in. We wondered what sort of job this chap might do for a living but we unanimously agreed.....he would not have been a stenographer or a concert pianist!

We all need a lift in spirits Clara, and if I can find a way to give someone a smile here......I will.

All the best possum!  

Cheers.........Rob

@Robin4 hugs and good cheer to you and sweet Ade.

Clara/Daisy