Guest accidently broke bed

Candice176
Level 1
Phoenix, AZ

Guest accidently broke bed

Guest checked in today and about 11pm messaged me stating the bed broke. It truly sounds like an accident and I feel terrible this is the start of their vacation. No guests have mentioned anything about the bed, and I'm not sure if the last guest left it near breaking condition and these people had the bum luck of it breatking. Not sure what to do/offer in this situation. They were supposed to stay 1 week. We live on an island so I don't know if I can get this replaced quickly. Also its new years eve weekend so all hotels are booked.

I was going to file with Aircover but looking at it it seems like all this does is ask the guest to pay for it instead of covering an accidental breakage.

2021 is ending with a bang.

2 Replies 2
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I think you jus have to replace it, the guest might not have broken it. Maybe I just broke, gave up. Get the  strongest furniture you can.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Candice176 If the bed has slats just move one from the foot of the bed to replace the broken one. Some slats seem particularly cheaply made these days. Alternatively if you have a very thin piece of board, or even a piece of stiff corrugated cardboard it can bemused to span the break.

Finally, if all else fails, stick the mattress on the floor and remove the bed altogether.