Guest leaving due to wifi

Guest leaving due to wifi

We are new hosts and curious on how to proceed with this issue? Guest checked in to day and notes 1 guest however, there are 2, no big deal since its a spouse but, both are trying to use internet wifi to work and the wifi speed is slow. We have had 2 guests prior with no complaints but understand issues will happen. Guest checked in at 4pm and contacted me via text at 8:27pm asking for the password for wifi. I replied within 15 minutes that the passwords are on the router base. There is a wifi issue it appears and we contacted customer service,sadly they were no help and told us to call technician at 8am. When I stated this to the guest,she replied back that ,they have made other arrangements and are leaving in the morning. Whats the typical host to do in this situation? I've been a guest in the past and have had the same issue and allowed the host time to rectify the issue before I would decide to leave 5 hours into my visit.

What is typical procedure for hosts in this?

34 Replies 34
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sudsrung0 

Ah, that makes sense.

It sounded like you mean use the pool water for everything, like making their tea!

@Huma0 

Everybody here buys bottled water to drink, we have no choice, Us Thai's are very resilient we can live off the land, 

@Sudsrung0 

I remember being at this really old farm in the 90s where the modernized *outhouse* had a toilet and sink but no running water. So there was a big water tank in one corner with a loooong hose coming from the main house for water. People were expected to use the bucket, and fill the toilet with water themselves in order to flush. 

@Jessica-and-Henry0 

Maybe in some rural parts of Thailand that would be normal, A big plastic bin full of water and a small pan would be your shower, dont forget to top it up, Collecting rain water still happens, 

@Jessica-and-Henry0 

In my youth, I stayed at a campsite at Lake Malawi while backpacking in Africa. There was no running water there. We used the water from the lake to bathe etc. I have heard since that its no longer safe to do so due to Bilharzia etc., at least in certain areas, including where I stayed.

No one cared because this was the most budget of budget accommodations. I am not sure guests staying at an upmarket Airbnb would feel the same way if they had to resort to filling buckets, even if from a tank of clean water!