Guest not paying

Kathleen710
Level 5
Decatur, GA

Guest not paying

I have a guest that booked for three months.  He paid for the first 30 days and he does not have the full payment for the second month.  Airbnb has not cancelled the reservation and he has now stayed in my house for 5 days with no charges!  Airbnb told me that they cannot change the reservation to let him cancel and start a new reservation for two weeks at a time because it’s in there financial department.  What can I do?

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kathleen710 

With "long term stays"  only the first installment is guaranteed, as reservation can only be confirmed when the guest pays for the first month. If the guest does not pay next installment, Airbnb useally sends a message  "we can not collect the money" but they have no force to charge the guest (That's why some hosts  use an extra lease contract for long term stays)

If the guest cancels, they still need to pay for 30 nights (dictated by the "long term stay" cancellation policy).

As a host you can shorten the reservation ("change" option)  to a new check-out date and also you have option to amend the price in the pricefiled to what you consider a fair deal.

BTW

If the guest can pay only 2 weeks and you trust the guest then after 2 weeks you can change reservation again by extending it.

With "long term stays' host sometimes must be creative....