Guest wants to leave early

Pippa50
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

Guest wants to leave early

I am hosting in Johannesburg. I have a guest who booked and paid for three weeks accommodatiob. He has been here a week and now wants to leave and wants to be refunded

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Pippa50 

The guest can cancel the reservation, the cancellation policy attached will calculate the refund (if any) automatically. Or the guest can sent you a request to shorten the reservation ("change" option), it will recalculate the bookin price. Or you can shorten the reservation and have the option to amend to calculated price in the change form to the deal you consider as fair.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

You haven't really said what your question is. How to affect the cancellation, whether you are obligated to refund, or what?

This is a discussion forum for hosts and guests. When you post a question or anything else, other posters just respond here- there's no need to post your email address, and it's not a good idea to do so on a public forum that anyone can access.

@Pippa50

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Pippa50

I don't have much experience with shortening reservations, but I think that @Emilia42 has mentioned a few times what has worked for her in the past. Let's see what she chimes in with.

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center
Pippa50
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

Thanks for helping me everyone.