Guest with no reciews, no profile info and has been with Airbnb for years

Emma2015
Level 1
Hawke's Bay, NZ

Guest with no reciews, no profile info and has been with Airbnb for years

Hi, 

I read a similar discussion (i can no longer find) about guests with no reviews, no profile information but have been with Airbnb long time. 

I have recenctly had a guest come through, no profile picture or info (just joined which is fine) leave me a terrible review because they didnt read the listing properly and expected to be staying somewhere like a 5 star hotel (which i definitly didnt advertise)... So im a little worried about someone else ive accepted to stay. 

The next couple stay in november for 2 days which is a while away. I realise that they have no reviews, no profile information but they've been a member since 2017. I have already accepted them for 2 night stay. 

I asked if they had had the privilege of staying in airbnb rentals before as it apprears they are "new" to airbnb but they have not replied. 

I dont know if i feel comfortable having them stay now but as its a concert weekend i dont want to have the dates blocked out from Airbnb. 

What can i do?

Thanks Emma

2 Replies 2
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

HI @Emma2015 

Many people create accounts and maybe did not end up using - so your guests are brand new

If the booking is just for November, keep communications open.

Ask them why they are coming to your town, ask them to upload ID, if they need any help.

All hosts deal with 1st time guests - remember that someone booked your house when you had no reviews as well. 🙂

Gusts may be more communicative closer to the time of travel.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

I do not see any correlation between a guest who has had a profile for years and being a bad guest. When a person visits Aribnb.com the first thing they are asked to do is log in/register, even if they are just browsing with no intention of a vacation in sight. People could also wonder why you have been a host for 2 years but have less than 10 reviews on your current listing. It is quite meaningless but not apparent from a profile.

What can be a telltale sign is the guest's communication. If the November guest has not responded, you could try to contact them via their listed cell phone number.