Guests not responding

Angela1328
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Guests not responding

I have guests arriving in 13 days for peak Easter dates, my cancellation is moderate ie 5 days prior. So far they have not responded to 3 messages asking them the makeup of their party (for bed preparation), ETA, and also if they are  still planning to come.  I'm not sure what to do because if I cancel I  may be penalised.

4 Replies 4
Caleb1
Level 4
Denver, CO

Only about half of my guests respond to any kind of follow up regarding their booking confirmation.  I always ask "Can we help with any plans or activities while you're in town?" Which frequently nets a 'yes' response.  When I ask what kind of activities do you normally enjoy at home or on vacation my most common response is dead air.  I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Angela1328 

we are off site hosts and have to come to meet my guests and let them in. So, like you, I need their exact time of arrival so I can plan my day. Some guests just book and don't respond afterward.

What usually triggers their immediate response is my message a few days before arrival :

Hello xx, it seems we still don't have your exact time of arrival but no problem, you can call us when you come to the location and we will do our best to come and check you in as soon as possible but keep in mind it could take about an hour. Have a nice trip and see you soon...

Angela1328
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for that feedback! They have now responded at last....so problem solved, but I will bear that in mind if it happens again! 🙂

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Angela1328 many guests don't monitor Airbnb closely as they are often irregular users. We don't expect immediate responses at all - Best way of contact if it is becoming urgent is by text/phone call.