Guests who book for one but say “We”

Rhonda45
Level 6
Eminence, MO

Guests who book for one but say “We”

I am getting this more and more.  A guest books for 1 then in the message they say “We“. I respond requesting the number of guests and do not get a response.  I can not change the number myself because I don’t know how many are coming and  Airbnb is slow to respond to my inquiry.  Any suggestions on how to get the money coming to me.  Thanks to all who can help.

2 Replies 2
Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Rhonda45 

Just send the guest :

Airbnb ToS

"...

8.3.3 You may not bring any additional individuals to an Experience, Event or other Host Service unless such an individual was added by you as an additional guest during the booking process on the Airbnb Platform.

..."

Breaking ToS = No Refund

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Rhonda45  Rather than just asking the guest how many are coming, tell them that as they mentioned "we" yet only booked for one, that any guests above 1 won't be admitted to the property, and that they need to enter the correct guest count for the number of people who will be staying. 

You have to make it sound like not answering will result in a bad situation for them.

And put that info in your listing and as well, that only the guests on the booking will be admitted to the property, and that arriving with, or having extra guests will void their booking.