HELP??? Will AIRBNB overnight my rules & let C-19 positive guest stay @ no charge?

HELP??? Will AIRBNB overnight my rules & let C-19 positive guest stay @ no charge?

@Sarah977 @Robin48 @Anonymous , @Fred13

Hello top contributors!! thanks in advance, do any of you know the answer to the above?  I've messaged AIRBNB help, and have not received answer.?? thank you--- .

If a guests tests positive for COVID-19 during their stay with me, and decides to stay & quarantine.   Does AIRBNB  have the right to override my house policy &  permit the guest stay @ no charge?  

1. Your listing will be deactivated, and upcoming reservations will be canceled. 

2. Once it’s safe for your guest to leave your property, we require that your space be  thoroughly cleaned.

Am I reading this correctly? 

3 Replies 3

@Alex1485  I don't personally have any more information about this than what Airbnb has shared, which is quite vague. But on the specific question of whether Airbnb can force you to extend a guest's booking without charge - there is nothing in the Terms of Service that permits this. I think it's going to come down to what your jurisdiction's quarantine laws are. 

Hey thanks! I've got a guest that wants to book ASAP,  7 day stay. Trying to cover myself in case of C-19 emergencies.  

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

OMG, this is like bedbugs expect 100x worst. I can see it now . . . 

Guest to Airbnb: "I stayed at XX place last week and I got a sore throat 2 days into my stay."

Airbnb to Host: "We have to take the precautionary step of deactivating your account and all future reservations for the month have been canceled. Good luck."