Hampton Roads/Norfolk VA Group

Hampton Roads/Norfolk VA Group

Hi Everyone, 

We have a home in Norfolk, VA located in the East Beach area. We would love to connect with other hosts in the area to create a community and add more communication between our specific group of hosts. We know that where we are is challenging with the navy bases along with the college community that take advantage of our homes so being able to support one another would be great! Please send a message and we would love to chat with all of you!

36 Replies 36
Nat81
Level 2
Hampton, VA

Hi!

If anyone is looking for cleaning services for turnovers located In the Peninsula area (Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg, Virginia).  Please send me a message for further information.  Thanks!

@Nat81 do you have any current properties and references in Hampton VA?  please respond with contact info

Michael3586
Level 2
Virginia Beach, VA

Hey Everyone!

I'm new to hosting in this area and just wanted to put myself out here. I'm looking for a few reliable cleaners to help with turnover. My family manages a large short term rental portfolio in New Orleans and I'm helping start up out here. I'm interested in connecting with others, co hosting, and ''on-boarding'' new properties. Please reach out if you'd like to connect!

Nicole2289
Level 2
Norfolk, VA

Good afternoon to all my fellow Norfolk hosts! 

My name is Nicole, I currently help manage and clean a 5 star rated air bnb located in downtown Norfolk. Mermaid sanctuary is the name and your always welcome to read over the reviews. 

I have noticed many of you needing and in search of help with your properties from cleaning to managing. 
Although my experience is limited to almost a year in this specific field, my understanding and comprehension and 14 year of experience of the hospitality, and customer experience, and in-depth knowledge of cleaning is something I would love to bring to the table for you and your air bnb. 

I strive to have repeat guests and the best reviews possible. As our online forum is the upmost important in regards to the flow of income for all. 

if you’re interested in continuing a conversation please reach out to me. 

I thank you for your time. 

sincerely, 

Nicole 

Hi all,

@Michael-and-Francisco0 

Hoping we can get some advice from this group.  We purchased a vacation home (not our primary residence) in the East Bay area of Norfolk. We applied for a short term rental permit so we could list on Airbnb but we were denied by the city. The reason they gave was that, "a conditional use permit is required to operate a Vacation Rental in the SF-10 zoning district." No problem right, we will apply for that even though it is over $1000 just to apply.  Except the city also said, "Unfortunately, it appears that this property is also in the APZ1 overlay, which may prohibit you from obtain a Conditional Use Permit. It is the policy of City Council that no application shall be approved in the Accident Prone Zones." 

Has anyone run into this situation?  I have done a ton of research on line and it all VERY vague, like the explanation above. I am not sure if I should just go ahead and apply for the conditional use permit or try to talk to someone at city hall.  Any advice/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Colleen and Carole

Baseemah0
Level 2
Norfolk, VA

Hello all. We're in the Ocean View area and new to Airbnb. My question is how do we handle a 30 day stay in Norfolk?

Ilan470
Level 1
Beit Yanai, Israel

Any suggestions for cleaning services in Norfolk Virginia?