Has anyone else gotten a rude brush-off by Airbnb when having a legit complaint?

Has anyone else gotten a rude brush-off by Airbnb when having a legit complaint?

Has anyone else had to deal with the scripted run around by the hired ‘community’ (off shore) call center employees?  

11 Replies 11
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Therese198  Only everyone.

If you have an issue or question about anything other than a payment or tech issue that only Airbnb can deal with, try asking here on the forum, where you will get much more helpful, on-point, and clear advice from other hosts than you ever will from their customer disservice dept.

I have been bounced back and forth from Airbnb customer disservice dept. to host and back again.  Ad nauseam. It's exhausting and disrespectful being treated like a ping-pong ball.  It's insulting that they offered me a coupon for my 'next airbnb stay' - as if I would ever use their company again! HA!   I'd rather take my chances with a Red Roof Inn than ever use Airbnb or Heirloom (@stayloom) again!  Horrid experience!  Their website was far from honest - no accountability - lacking full disclosure.  They hook you with their expensive, professional photography of their rental units, but BUYER BEWARE - you will regret you ever gave them your money!

Now watch, Heirloom will comment "I am sorry you did not get the outcome you desired here, but it appears this conversation will not be a productive one. I am happy to discuss this matter with Airbnb's customer support should they reach out."

And Airbnb will say "We appreciate this may not be the outcome you'd hoped for Therese.

We always want to hear from our users, so if you’d like to give us feedback on this issue, our policies or your experience, you can do so at:

airbnb.com/help/feedback

Thanks in advance for your understanding. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions—we're always more than happy to help!

Best, (Airbnb) Marcos"

#Insulting

#Patronizing 

#BsArtists

@Therese198  well, if you explain what was the problem maybe we could help with some advice.

Personally, whenever I needed help from Airbnb CS I got it, but I am familiar with their TOS

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Therese198  It seems you booked a place run by a big property management firm? If so, there are lots of complaints about those types of listings, and Airbnb lets those big players get away with things regular hosts are taken to task for.

You are much better off booking with small-time, hands-on hosts who take personal pride in their listings and providing good service and hospitality to their guests.

Ranting here is fine, but you give no explanation of what your issue was about so it isn't possible to advise you on how you might approach this to maybe get a better resolution.

Also I see you have a new profile and no reviews as a guest, so perhaps you didn't understand how to deal with whatever your issue was appropriately at the time and therefore did not get the result you expected?

Trust me.  I will leave a review.

"Ranting here"...?  I was airing my grievances.

"...didn't understand how to deal with your issue..."? 

I'm not an idiot.  I read the rules.

I contacted the host and airbnb when the issue arose, while still in the premises.

I do not know you.

I do not owe you an explanation of what transpired.

wow @Therese198 with this attitude no wonder you were brushed off

@Therese198  Nice response to people who are trying to assist you. 

You completely misunderstood my rant comment. It wasn't a put down. Hosts and guests come here to vent about their poor treatment by CS all the time- it's totally fine and helps a lot of users blow off steam. 

And my newbie comment wasn't a put down either, nor any suggestion that you were an idiot. Plenty of new guests aren't aware of the protocol when they have an issue.

When someone posts here about an issue they are having, the assumption is that they would appreciate advice on how they might resolve it, otherwise why bother posting?

"I do not owe you an explanation of what transpired" says a whole lot about your attitude, which I wouldn't be surprised is why you are not getting the help from your host or Airbnb that you expect. I would never want to deal with a person like you are coming across as.

After the run around I have received all week long from the Host and Airbnb I have every right to my 'attitude'.  I owe you no apologies. 

Just found out the Host has multiple listings of this site posted and can then direct potential renters to the one he likes.  One has a multitude of ratings, including some bad ones, the other has only ONE glowing, happy review.  This seems far from ethical.  Does airbnb allow this?  Why?  Here's the original posting I saw back in February.   https://tinyurl.com/5bmj9c62

And here's the exact same listing but with only ONE review I found today.  So.  Multiple listings of the same place.  Tell me what's going on...@stayloom   https://tinyurl.com/2p8wv2jc

Najla11
Level 2
New Haven, CT

This is an angry Karen that didnt get way she wanted, and it's no wonder she got "brushed off".