Haunted and Spooky Airbnb Stories!

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Haunted and Spooky Airbnb Stories!

Its that time of year! Share your tales!

Have you ever stayed in a haunted Airbnb? Has a guest told you yours was haunted?

Any spooky experiences?

haunted.jpg

16 Replies 16
Gosha5
Level 2
Barrington, IL

It will be hard to get this out of my head . Such experience is not easy to process. Two weeks ago we’ve been to Cannes France and rented a Villa in the fancy hills of Super Cannes. It was their long weekend and any accommodations was hard to find not to mention the prices. Villa we’ve got was slightly cheaper. Very old huge smelly property to big for our family of 4. The first step in was a shocking feeling of something to be there, not one …lots of’m. Not friendly. In one of the rooms closet on the top shelf was pushed back en urn ! There was more strange items in the old furniture including sage . Many doors in the mansion were locked with a sign- private. The place was very quiet. The walls were soft on touch like a sponge covered with a very old fabric . Fabric that looks like 200 years old ladies dress . It felt Like there would be something behind it.
My daughter told me mom it will be ok just try to sleep before they come out. Everyone of us felt strange. I couldn’t stay alone for a second in this place . All windows had iron bars . It was also pitch black when the lights were off. And I was trying to sleep but I guess the house already woke up. Started to make noises that wasn’t there since afternoon. Each time my heavy eyes were closing I felt gentle pooling by my long hair.
Little by little it was morning. 
Yey ! We’ve survived:) 

The feeling in the house wasn’t any different today except I were more brave. Maybe even to brave as the door suddenly slammed open in the dinning room leading to the pool area and few levels of stone patio . It was noon and it scared me and my 14 year daughter but it could be just wind so I said out loud What do you want here ?! We are here now ! 
In no time huge  Bang !! Right next to us out of nowhere . We both jumped up a few inches trying to back up slowly from the area. I started more pleasing.. we are here just for two nights. It is your place . Please let us stay… 

This night we’ve stayed outdoors by the pool as long as could. The night was more friendly but still couldn’t wait to leave this property. When checking out in the morning the electric gate that worked fine all the time broke. We can’t leave. There’s power but no power in the gate. After hour on the phone with property manager there was no way to leave. Eventually my handy husband unscrew some parts under the gate and we quickly left.  
Experience of a life time . Incomparable feel. I’m still trying to wash away the smell of this place from my good travel clothes. 
Gosha.

@Gosha5 oooh very creepy! Now I want to see which place it was!

I have bought and sold a fair number of old houses over the years. Some to live in, some as investments. You can't convince me that they don't absorb some kind of energy from all the lives that happened within their walls. Sometimes you just feel it when you walk in and its unfriendly or even hostile....I have been on real estate tours where I got over the threshold and just went "Nope!" never to return lol. And I am by no means a scaredy cat.