Have you embraced guest cultural traditions into your life?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Have you embraced guest cultural traditions into your life?

870424_Robert_Peed_1416.jpg

Hello everyone 👋

We believe that one of the most beautiful aspects of hosting and traveling with Airbnb is the opportunity to connect with people from different cultures and backgrounds. When hosting, there is often the privilege of experiencing and embracing the rich traditions and customs that guests bring into our lives.

We want to hear from you: How have you embraced guest cultural traditions into your life?

Whether it's through adopting new recipes, participating in celebrations, or incorporating daily rituals, we want to know how you've infused diversity into your home. Share your stories and experiences in the comments below. 👇

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

16 Replies 16
Gaylin2
Level 3
Arizona, United States

No.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hopefully you'll get the opportunity at some point @Gaylin2 😍 

-----

Kitty-and-Creek0
Top Contributor
Willits, CA

❤️

Yes, definitely, every chance possible, with huge gratitude and immense joy!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Of course @Kitty-and-Creek0 😍 Has there been any time in particular that stands out for you both? 

-----

Giovanni353
Level 1
Lynchburg, VA

Yes, I did.
My current wife and stepdaughter are from Moldova, which is a Russian speaking country beside Moldovan and Romanian.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh fantastic @Giovanni353 😍 

Have you embraced each others traditions or cultures in particular? 

-----

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Rebecca 

Guests get a crash course in Aloha Spirit unexpectedly in Arizona, but good reviews.  For me I have a lot from Mexico so I am learning some Spanish and one of my Guests works later so  we share breakfast  he makes every morning an amazing Mexican breakfast.  Fresh tortillas and fresh refried beans and my new favorite honey instead of maple syrup on pancakes  You have to try so good

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh @Marie8425 that sounds wonderful! How are your Spanish lessons going? Do you get much time to practice with your guests? 😍

We're big fans of honey in the UK. Local honey is best for you! 

-----

@Rebecca 

Oh yes they are having fun with me. lol

Here is a funny story.  I am 60 in a wheelchair and   my guest who shares breakfast every m orning  is a 55 year old animal vet here on a special work visa.  retty calm lol.  M arco doesn't speak English I don't speak Spanish.

Occasionally not often, in Arizona you might get a rattle snake in your yard.  If you are from here, you know. the fire dept has a snake line they come right out catch it and remove it.

Marco goes to open the patio doors to let my dogs out  Sees the big rattle snake panics doesn't know English for snake, so here is this dignified vet suddenly hissing at me to tell me.  Which causes me to giggle.  Poor Marco is think the crazy old lady doesn't understand me.  He is hissing and yelling my husband's name.  My husban d was in the bathroom.

I opened translate on my computer and explained to Marunnamed (21).jpgco.  Then we were both giggling

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

😱 That's a huge snake!! How do they catch them and where do the fire dept take them?

We don't have wild snakes like that in the UK - in fact, we don't have many at all! https://sussexwildlifetrust.org.uk/news/the-great-british-snake-off#:~:text=The%20Grass%20Snake%20is...

🤣 What a lovely story - thank you so much for sharing! 😍

-----

@Rebecca 

Like I said not often that's my first in four years but desert so we have.  They come right out just in  a SUV they have a pole with pinchers put it in a bucket an remove because dangerous.  Then a wild life group picks up from them, just a standard practice.

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

Hi @Rebecca my last overseas visitors were from Korea and I took the effort to write in there  welcome note in Korean with the google translation. As I  print it out myself all it took was a little extra time. My welcome note below.

20231117_212805.jpg

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Laurelle3 👋

That's so lovely and such a personal touch! Is that a beach where your listing is? 😍

-----

Jana1479
Level 2
Kill Devil Hills, NC

No.