Have you ever wondered the truth about our community managers

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Have you ever wondered the truth about our community managers

I am taking a liberty here posting material that should be best left hidden! Everyone has their dark secrets!

Every day we have interaction with the CC community managers, they do a great job and don't receive enough recognition.

The reason for that is, all we know about them is what we see in that tiny icon....that Avatar.

Well, with their permission I would like to put that straight.

Communication means so much more when you can visually relate to the person you are dealing with, and by putting a bit of a bio together here I hope that it will promote the CC staff in a more personal and friendly light!

I have delved deep into their personalities and come up with these interesting facts.......

Anna Community Coordinator.png

Francesca, Katie 1.png

Katy, Liv 1.pngLizzie, May 1.png

Nick, Quincy community managers.png

Sergi Community manager..png

This post was actually inspired by another contributor @Emiel1 and related to one of her most desired questions.

With Christmas just around the corner I hope the moderators accept this in the name of good fun!

Cheers.........Rob

46 Replies 46
Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

@Lizzie  @Quincy  @Francesca  @Nick  @Anna  @Katie   @Liv  and all our CC Board Elfs!  You all make a difference to so many here, we just can't say thank you enough for the times you have turned a bad stay or day good for us without even asking.   I know that isn't your primary directive but its been a God send to have this CC Board and its dedicated crew of Board keepers to help Airbnb's also dedicated mass of Inn Keepers keep our sanity in and out of Covid Times and far beyond.    Bearpath Lodging would never have hosted thousands of people from nearly every continent and 20+ different countries without the connections and Community Airbnb and Brian created, we can't thank you enough for providing  an opportunity like that in tiny town Munnsville New York!

Please also accept my heartfelt appreciation for your limited deployment of corrective actions, ban hammers and keeping light hands on the pulse and voices of the primarily adult small business oriented community that is very dependent on Airbnb for our lodging business successes. That honesty truly sets this board and Airbnb apart from typical Vendor support sites that often kill important discussions before they can bear fruit.  They rarely provide any type of a place where commiseration and company disfunction are permitted to be observed or discussed at any length if at all.  I truly believe that is a significant reason Airbnb and most of us will survive 2020 and beyond as viable lodging businesses when others won't, the CC is more focused on fixing problems than fixing the blame and we have fixed many problems together right here.   

This year you helped keep us together when everything way bigger than each of us tried to tear us apart (including the Airbnb mother ship at times).  You gave us safe place to laugh and cry together, speak frankly without being ridiculed harshly and connect with a world far beyond ours  filled with folks that have very common as well as different challenges and successes.   Thats no small accomplishment in the best of times (which these are not that)!   Much better times are coming and we will hopefully all get there together and soon, thanks for all you do for us, God bless and Keep us all, today and all days to come, Stay well, JR

CC= @Catherine-Powell , @Brian and the entire Mother ship Senior Admin team , The CC admin team is truly one of your greatest assets bar Zip, Zilch, Nee, Jo, Keine, méiyǒu, Nahi, Geen, none.  They hear and see the best and worst your/ our company, its guests and hosts are seeing and experiencing every single day without taking a single poll or doing a study, that is the essence of "Pulse".  We hope they have a very prominent seat and respected voice at your decision table on all our behalf's!  Safe travels, JR

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wowee, what a lovely message to receive on Christmas Eve @Melodie-And-John0 - it's really made my day, thank you! 😊