Have you had the pleasure of hosting fellow Airbnb hosts?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Have you had the pleasure of hosting fellow Airbnb hosts?

PJO0031318Q402-Stellenbosch-181104-1043_R1.jpg

Hello everyone!

I hope you're having an amazing day! I've been following the inspiring conversations on the Community Center, and I wanted to take a moment to encourage you to share your stories of hosting fellow Hosts. Whether it's a funny anecdote, a heartwarming friendship, or some valuable tips and advice, we'd love to hear all about your experiences hosting other hosts.

Have you had the pleasure of opening your doors to fellow hosts?

If so, we invite you to join the conversation and share your thoughts and stories. Let's create a space filled with laughter, friendship, and knowledge. 🏡💙

Looking forward to hearing from you!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

9 Replies 9
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Rebecca Our first ever guests were hosts from Australia. They were great fun and got into a heated argument (between themselves I must add) as to whether or not we were underpricing our listing. Our experience of hosting hosts ever since has been wholly positive as well.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's so lovely @Mike-And-Jane0 ! It must be great having someone stay who has an understanding of the effort Hosts put in to their listings. Do you find it a different experience to hosting just guests? 

-----

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Most of my host guests are lovely but my last one gave me my only four star ratings in three years last year @Rebecca  

She complained about the location (her daughter lives two streets away and she has visited the area multiple times before). She didn't like the fact that it was bin collection day so some of the bins were blocking the street  in the morning and were gone by the afternoon when she checked in (she was from the UK so knows this happens)

She also complained I didn't let her check in five hours early (when I had offered her a penalty free cancellation if she wanted to find another listing that could accommodate her request). 

She was able to go straight to her daughters in any case so this wasn't an issue.

She also complained that I couldn't offer two single beds instead of a double as this is what is offered in Denmark where she lives.

I breathed a hearty sigh of relief when she checked out.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh gosh @Helen3, that seems slightly unfair. It would have been worse to not had the bins collected 😅

In regards to the beds, I'm assuming there were already photos of the bed layout on the listing so she knew what to expect? Did you make any changes to anything once she had left, or did you do anything differently going forward? 

I think the moral is that we can't please everyone 100% of the time 🤔

-----

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes of course (as you can see in my listing) the double bed is clearly shown.

it was a highly unfair rating as the inner city location is clearly mentioned and shown in my listing and she knew the area from previous visits , I can't control the bin collection. She knew my check in times on booking and was given an opportunity to cancel penalty free to find another listing that could accommodate her request for a five hour early check in 😀

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Helen3this is why hosts say the rating system is unfair for the HOSTS and how they ask to have the review moved. Because the previous reviews should out number just this one.

Also the facts from the Hosts in refuting the review should count. The word is FACT rather than Whim of a guests because they are not happy because things didn't go there way Or their stay of accommodation that they chose.

@Rebecca Helens complaint is why Hosts are not happy with the review system. More should be done to support Hosts who are genuine in their role as an Airbnb Host like Helen.

Laurelle from Downunder this problem is happening us all around the WORLD OF AIRBNB HOSTING,

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Rebecca yes we have had a host from England stay with us last year. My thoughts were what will they find that is different or a complaint.

As we give privacy I have a quick chat when they arrive and a longer chat when they leave saying safe travel.

The English host is an interior decorator, shares a a bedsitter apartment with own access on ground floor. They said they were impressed with the kitchen and cleanliness. They also do the cleaning but have full-time employment.

I was interested in finding out how my interior decorating was. She was impressed for the beach style presentation and the personal touches. I was happy.

When I checked the accommodation in their Airbnb I could see that they had a more expensive tastes and their price was a more and less being offered.

That is why guests do comparing for price to suit their budget and location

Also most of their guests were for business and ours is foraguests staying for a couple of days by the beach.

Our review was 5 with positive words. So again I  was happy.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Laurelle3

Thank you so much for sharing! Wow, what a great compliment from an interior designer about your space - you must have been so happy. I suppose that's why fantastic photographs are so important so that guests can see your space before they book, so they know what to expect. 😊

Were they great guests for you too? 

-----

Snezana36
Level 2
Belgrade, Serbia

Yes, we has guests who are host as well twice so far. It was a really good experience, they are easy going, respect house rules and leave the apartment very clean. I was worried at first they will compare our place to others, complain about everything but that was not the case at all.