Hello, Airbnb. Anybody home?

Ryan2201
Level 2
New York, NY

Hello, Airbnb. Anybody home?

I have a record breaking month long ongoing claim for damages caused by one of Airbnbs customers to my property. Broken staircase, broken 86” TV, broken playstation, damaged tables just to name a few.  The case has been floating around not being handled by anyone for weeks. I know because i called every day. A laughable Airbnb case manager named Tim started working on it (check my email airbnb if you read this)  He had all the information he needed when i submitted the claim (price of damaged goods, links, pictures, invoices) because we need to upload all the information for it to even become a claim but he still asked me the same questions again over email. So i gave it to him all over again. Few days pass by Tim and his useless self did not make any progress. Instead he decided to ask me the same questions AGAIN. So i decided to become stupid and play along. I gave him all the information yet again. Its been 6 days and Tim got lost. He stopped replying to me and just like that i lost all the progress that my claim made because it had to be reassigned to someone else. WOW.
no customer service rep can answer me why he stopped working because none of the customer service reps thAt we, hosts, call over the phone can get in touch with the claims department. Well played airbnb. Its very smart to keep all your departments separate so they cant be blamed thus nobody is really held accountable. Customer service reps over the phone cannot do anything regarding claims except request for a manager to call me. So i asked for a manager or supervisor to give me a call. I had about 10 requests put in for someone to call me and nobody never does..... for weeks. Claim department folks can only communicate through email but even then nobody contacts me even through email. My incident happened January 7th. Its now January 25th. My case number is**.. 

Nobody can give me an answer from Airbnbs legal documents how long it the turnaround time for a host guarantee when all proof (pictures, invoices, links) are provided. The only answer i get is “i dont work for that department i dont know but i can put a request through and have someone call you within 24-48 hours”

i say ok sure

*2 days pass by*

i call back “hey nobody called me yet what happened? I have a claim that has been going on for way too long that nobody is helping me with by using that host guarantee that airbnbs lawyers signed off on and i have high standards for my airbnb hence my high ratings so i need that host guarantee to kick in so i can fix and replace the stuff YOUR customers caused to MY property”

airbnb “support” rep: oH i Am SoRRy i dOnT wOrK fOr tHaT DePArtmEnT i can put a request to have a manager call you from the claims department 24-48 hours” 

i say ok sure

*2 days pass by*

i call back “hey nobody called me yet what happened? I have a claim that has been going on for way too long that nobody is helping me with using that host guarantee that airbnbs lawyers signed off on and i have high standards for my airbnb hence my high ratings so i need that host guarantee to kick in so i can fix and replace the stuff your customers caused to my property”

airbnb “support” rep: oH i Am SoRRy i dOnT wOrK fOr tHaT DePArtmEnT i can put a request to have a manager call you from the claims department 24-48 hours” 

i say ok sure

*2 days pass by*

i say ok sure buddy you do that useless Action but youre wasting time because nobody will ever call me. 

Hello, Airbnb anybody home? 

Can anyone please advise me what i can do? Here is also the link to my airbnb

airbnb.com/h/positivity

Thanks for taking the time to read through. 

Sincerely, Your overachiever. 

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Reply 1
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Ryan2201.

Many on this CC forum suggest mentioning your complaint via AIrbnb Twitter help. But I wouldn’t publicly mention your case number.

Otherwise, I’m going to add some community forum manager names here to see if they can work their magic. Please Ryan, advise if all is rectified.

@Quincy , @Nick , @Katie , @Liv