Hello

Hello

Hello I rented an apartment in Sannes , and after I left, the owner of the apartment sent me a message that I left the apartment in bad condition, but this is not true. I took off my underwear, took out the trash and did not violate the rules specified in the booking. the owner wants 1500 NOK for cleaning. but I already paid for the cleaning. I don't want to get a bad review of my stay because it's not true. please help me solve this problem with the owner.

2 Replies 2
Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

Did he send you photos of the mess? He can claim an extra cleanning fee if he can prove it was beyond normal cleanning needs.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ольга60  If this host is being unreasonable and trying to charge you for something you didn't do, just decline to pay. The host would have to prove to Airbnb that the place was left a mess with dated photos from when you checked out. I looked at your profile, and all your past reviews say you were a good guest who left things clean and tidy, so I don't think you need to lose any sleep over it, and even if the host writes a bad review saying you left a mess, you can always respond to the review, just stating that the review isn't true and for hosts to please look at your other reviews, which will make this evident. As a host, if I saw 4 or 5 reviews stating the guest left the place clean and tidy, and one that said the guest left a big mess, I'd dismiss that bad review as being untrue, or at least ask you about it if you requested to book.