Help, Newbie…guest wants to cancel because of Covid positive test

Help, Newbie…guest wants to cancel because of Covid positive test

I just received a message from a guest who’s booked from tomorrow through Monday. They were driving from LA and picking up her sister midway on their way to Oregon. The sister had previously tested positive twice for Covid, they want take her to get  the 3rd test. 

She wants to cancel her stay now. I don’t know what to do. Can anybody give me advice?  This is our prime booking for December. We have a 48 hour cancellation period but I don’t want to be insensitive either. 

Thank you in advance. 
Cindy from Oregon

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Karl-and-Cindy0 The Airbnb covid extenuating circumstances policy allows  guests to cancel for a full refund if one of their party gets covid I am afraid.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Karl-and-Cindy0 

A guest allways has the right to cancel a reservation. The attached cancellation policy will calculate the refund (if any). If the guest is infected with COVID, then the COVID extenuating circumstances policy can provide a full refund (documentation must be provided by the guest to Airbnb)

You have to do nothing, but wait for the cancellation by the guest and the result.

BTW Never cancel yourself or accept a cancellation request sent by the system (from the guest) !