Holiday Hosting Magic: What's Your Special Touch?

Holiday Hosting Magic: What's Your Special Touch?

As the holiday season approaches, I'm feeling the festive spirit and wondering how all of you are planning to make your properties shine even brighter during Christmas and New Year's Eve!

Are you adding some special holiday decorations to create a cozy atmosphere for your guests, or any clever strategies you've got up your sleeves to welcome more guests during the holidays? Whether it's a themed welcome basket, a personalized holiday card, or a creative promotion, I'd love to hear about it!

22 Replies 22
Joe2977
Level 1
Canyon Lake, CA

We are taking the six hour drive tomorrow to un-decorate the Fall/Thanksgiving decorations and put up the winter/Christmas decorations. Then drive back the sane day.🤪

Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

@Joe2977   I don't think I'd mind a 12 hour drive...but a break in between to decorate? How many days did you sleep afterward? 😅

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Joe2977 That's "insane" (in a good way, haha)!!! I could never do something like that on my own! The year before last year I left a box of Christmas decorations (just lights and knick-knacks, but maybe I get a garland this year) on my property so that when I was on vacation my cleaner could do it for me without me having to travel. I took photos and everything, so that it would look like the other years. It might be a good idea for you to take photos of these decorations and avoid long trips just to change the Christmas decorations, simply by calling a cleaner near your property, there are several companies/sites/apps where you can easily find professionals to do this, I personally recommend Turno app.
And of course, I'm speaking from the point of view of someone looking for greater comfort when it comes to carrying out these tasks and managing properties in different cities, but if you like an adventure, I think this is amazing! I wish I had all that energy! haha

Marisa182
Level 7
University Park, MD

Happy Holidays to all Airbnb Hosts!

@Calvin173 

I have a repeat guest stay over Christmas so I do add baskets and vases with holly from my garden. I also provide special treats like home made cookies. I know this guest is coming from another state and will be wrapping gifts for her family that lives in my area, so I put together a box with wrapping paper, ribbon, tape and scissors for her use. It's so little, but very much appreciated!

@Marisa182 Oh, cookies are the best! And I don't think it's little at all, I think it's classy!

@Calvin173 

Thanks Calvin, I will have to start soon on those holiday cookies!

@Marisa182 You inspired me, maybe I'll do the same!

Sarah5000
Host Advisory Board Member
Adelaide, Australia

As the holiday season is approaching, I add some Xmas decorations to my listings. 

Sarah

@Sarah5000 And did you really put your heart into it or was it just a Xmas touch? I'm afraid guests will think it's "too much" if I go all out with the decorations.

Sheila762
Level 2
Albert Park, Australia

We have started to put the Christmas cheers on and lights outside. The naughty Elf has also arrived at the house, for a bit of magical fun. 

IMG-20231120-WA0000.jpg

Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager

We'd love to see what adventures this little guy gets up to throughout the month @Sheila762

-----

@Sheila762 Hahaha, this is awesome! I wish I had a naughty Elf as well!

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

I have a guest this year staying over Xmas who asked me to get a tree. This will be fun and I'm excited to put up a few decorations that will be appreciated. But I try not to go overboard since decorating done well gets expensive. I don't like cheesy. Winter is my slow season and between low booking rates and paying for an extreme overuse of heat, I need to hold on to as much money as I can.

Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager

It's really lovely that you're doing this for a Guest @Emilia42!

-----